BMW K75. Worth it? | GTAMotorcycle.com

BMW K75. Worth it?

frozen

Found a guy that has a collection of old BMW's he has a couple K75 I'm interested in. Neither have been running for several years. One has 144000kms the other is 80k. What would something like this be worth? Clean complete just not running?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

If they aren't running then it has to be assumed that they will need a lot of work. That also means brakes, tires etc. If you can do the work yourself, they might be worth owning. The k75 is probably the best k bike they made. BMW parts and service can be very expensive.
What year are they?

That seems fair to me

Based on what I've seen lately I think you may be low. I believe you are SPOT ON*, but prices seem goofy of late. Agree though that they are a great bike. One of the few beemers I'd want.

* about $1.00 / cc for non runners is my starting point

I think the newer one with 144000kms on it is worth about 2000 running and on the road and 2500-3000 for the black with full fairing. As long as it's running and on the road. I've never ridden a BMW nor have I ever dreamed I'd buy one but if the price is right I'll give the a shot.

Based on what I've seen lately I think you may be low. I believe you are SPOT ON*, but prices seem goofy of late. Agree though that they are a great bike. One of the few beemers I'd want.

* about $1.00 / cc for non runners is my starting point
Yeah seems like prices on toys of all types have been off the wall since covid hit, or is it just me?

Yeah seems like prices on toys of all types have been off the wall since covid hit, or is it just me?

I think it is a combination of people having the time and/or energy for a toy and some people have a ton of money burning a hole in their pockets. I know more than a few people that typically have 10 to 25K yearly travel budgets that didn't get used. Some did landscaping or home improvement, some bought toys, very few kept the money.

Haha that is so true. Wife and I have been discussing using our "Italy money" to buy a boat this summer since it's unlikely we will be travelling. We have both been working throughout the pandemic and had nowhere to spend money. Lol

ooooo a nice corbin gunfighter solo saddle :cool:

I think the newer one with 144000kms on it is worth about 2000 running and on the road and 2500-3000 for the black with full fairing. As long as it's running and on the road. I've never ridden a BMW nor have I ever dreamed I'd buy one but if the price is right I'll give the a shot.

Not over inspiring at anything, but good at everything bikes. Easy to work on, they were designed to be easy to work on, but everything is a complete take apart and reassemble.

It was a nice fast bike before removing the fenders and slamming the suspension and that guys butt is going to be pushed way too far forward for comfort on stock foot pegs. His crotch will however be nice and toasty pushed up against the hot fuel tank this summer.

and that's a K100 it has 4 cylinders.

Back
Top Bottom