Blue Mountain Chalet Rental Advice... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Blue Mountain Chalet Rental Advice...

wearelopey

Hey everyone!

So a couple of buddies and I have decided we want to rent a chalet, or condo, or whatever up near blue mountain during reading week this year.
It's the week of February 17th. The 17th is family day so I'm assuming it would be cheaper just to book from tuesday (18th) onward.

Our budget is relatively flexible. Ranging from about $500 for a couple days to a max of $1500 (MAYBE $2000 depending on bang for buck etc). We would want to rent at least 2 nights, up to 5 nights (tuesday feb 18th-sunday feb 23).

Haven't hammered out all the details yet but there should be at least 3 of us (this number could grow by quite a bit). We might have a couple of friends who would come up for a night etc during our stay (most of my friends are out of university and thus can't get the whole week off from work)...

We would have access to a car, but would like to be as close to the mountain (more like a big hill haha) as possible. However, if it's THAT much cheaper we would likely compromise for a farther away location.

We are a group of males thus far, may bring up some girls. Early-mid twenties (youngest will be 23 I believe).

Thing is, I've looked online a bit but really have no clue where to start... There's so many rental companies etc it's a bit confusing.

As of now, our options range from 2 nights in a condo for a snowboard-focused trip to a week long stay in a chalet for a reading week rager. We are good guys and respectful etc however, I've read a lot of rental sites stating they don't do 'prom'/'graduation' parties etc.

So, will me and my mid-twenties friends be discriminated against because of our age? Only 1 or 2 of us is actually in university...

Any general direction I should take when trying to find places? Any recommendations as to actual companies or owners that rent? Again, we are nice, hospitable guys. If we can get away with it we would like to drink and party but could easily keep smoking outside and clean up after ourselves (most of us live on our own and have full time jobs etc). We would be keeping it civil but would enjoy a night of or 2 of partying, possibly bringing people back from the hill or something similar if we can get away with it. We are not crazy party animals, but it is a vacation right...

What prices are we looking at? Anywhere you can recommend for good value? Any good party spots for reading week? Any tips and tricks for renting?

Is partying out of the question? Will be we have to keep noise down the whole week?

Most, if not all rentals want ID for everyone staying there. Will they show up one night to make sure we aren't allowing more people than we told them to stay there?

In short, my buddies and I have zero experience with something like this. Any tips, general advice, answer to some questions above would be greatly appreciated. Looking to book sooner than later.

Appreciate it!

Last edited:
Hey everyone!

So a couple of buddies and I have decided we want to rent a chalet, or condo, or whatever up near blue mountain during reading week this year.
It's the week of February 17th. The 17th is family day so I'm assuming it would be cheaper just to book from tuesday (18th) onward.

Our budget is relatively flexible. Ranging from about $500 for a couple days to a max of $1500 (MAYBE $2000 depending on bang for buck etc). We would want to rent at least 2 nights, up to 5 nights (tuesday feb 18th-sunday feb 23).

Haven't hammered out all the details yet but there should be at least 3 of us (this number could grow by quite a bit). We might have a couple of friends who would come up for a night etc during our stay (most of my friends are out of university and thus can't get the whole week off from work)...

We would have access to a car, but would like to be as close to the mountain (more like a big hill haha) as possible. However, if it's THAT much cheaper we would likely compromise for a farther away location.

We are a group of males thus far, may bring up some girls. Early-mid twenties (youngest will be 23 I believe).

Thing is, I've looked online a bit but really have no clue where to start... There's so many rental companies etc it's a bit confusing.

As of now, our options range from 2 nights in a condo for a snowboard-focused trip to a week long stay in a chalet for a reading week rager. We are good guys and respectful etc however, I've read a lot of rental sites stating they don't do 'prom'/'graduation' parties etc.

So, will me and my mid-twenties friends be discriminated against because of our age? Only 1 or 2 of us is actually in university...

Any general direction I should take when trying to find places? Any recommendations as to actual companies or owners that rent? Again, we are nice, hospitable guys. If we can get away with it we would like to drink and party but could easily keep smoking outside and clean up after ourselves (most of us live on our own and have full time jobs etc). We would be keeping it civil but would enjoy a night of or 2 of partying, possibly bringing people back from the hill or something similar if we can get away with it. We are not crazy party animals, but it is a vacation right...

What prices are we looking at? Anywhere you can recommend for good value? Any good party spots for reading week? Any tips and tricks for renting?

Is partying out of the question? Will be we have to keep noise down the whole week?

Most, if not all rentals want ID for everyone staying there. Will they show up one night to make sure we aren't allowing more people than we told them to stay there?

In short, my buddies and I have zero experience with something like this. Any tips, advice, answer to some questions above would be greatly appreciated. Looking to book sooner than later.

Appreciate it!

I don't really have any particulars, but I do know that around that time a lot of chalets around blue mountain offer good packages. One year I got some promo offer with my 5x7 pass for a chalet rental. I stayed in collingwood because it was a bit cheaper (don't remember how much). I think blue mountain might have affiliates it works with, so maybe you can check out their site.

As for partying, I think the only issue would be if anyone complains and calls the cops. If your in the village everyone usually goes to the bar..then maybe an after party in a nearby room....

If youre in collingwood, and want to go out somewhere you probably have more options as to where to go.

Either way theyre always looking for people to rent so you shouldn't have any problems.

good luck

i hope you dont expect 2 bedrooms even for 1 night for $500, especially in peak season. for a week and 3 bedrooms you can expect to be dishing out 2500 for a on resort place. private rentals expect to have to put a large security deposit because of your age.
check out lighthouse point rentals, its about 20 min drive to the resort but you may find someone with a seasonal lease trying to off a week or so.. they dont usually rent by week there.
there are also a few condos/challet's just across the street from blue you can look at, also there is a whole community of challets on the top of the mountian that most people dont know about. you will have to drive or snowboard down to get your lift passes...but dont miss the last lift up if you go that way, its a long hike....trust me...
night life on the resort is great, so being within walking distance would be a big advantage.

start joining intrawest for their coupon/promo email groups, you may be able to get something sutable.

As for partying, I think the only issue would be if anyone complains and calls the cops. If your in the village everyone usually goes to the bar..then maybe an after party in a nearby room....

good luck

The general rule of thumb on partying when we've rented in Blue is in most cases the "first warning" is given as you sign the paperwork so if anything gets out of hand the 2nd warning is also the last act of moving you along.

Great place to go though, but will be expensive that time of year.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom