Bike won't start after dropping it | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike won't start after dropping it

Hi,
I accedently dropped my 2005 Suzuki sv650s on the left side in the garage when I got home one time. Bike was still running, it shut off and now won't start. I don't see any error codes, then again Im not 100% sure how to check for them. I've tried jiggling the t/o sensor but still nothing. When I turn the key I can hear the fuel injectors go off, but when I press the starter, nothing happens except the usual light dimming. I don't see any new damage to the clutch lever. Any tips?

As mentioned above, make sure it's in neutral. If the light doesn't come on, you may have damaged the neutral sensor wire, but that in and of itself may or may not prevent you from starting if the other things below are OK.

Also check your clutch switch - I scratched my head over a GS500 that wouldn't start because the clutch switch wiring was loose/disconnected after my brother wiped it down prior to a buyer coming to see it.

Kickstand sensor is another thing to check.

I heard some bikes have a lean sensor and once the detect that the bike is flat they will prevent it from running again. Is there truth to this? Although I don't think an 05 bike would have that.

I heard some bikes have a lean sensor and once the detect that the bike is flat they will prevent it from running again. Is there truth to this? Although I don't think an 05 bike would have that.

OP says he jiggled that sensor.

Hi,
I accedently dropped my 2005 Suzuki sv650s on the left side in the garage when I got home one time. Bike was still running, it shut off and now won't start. I don't see any error codes, then again Im not 100% sure how to check for them. I've tried jiggling the t/o sensor but still nothing. When I turn the key I can hear the fuel injectors go off, but when I press the starter, nothing happens except the usual light dimming. I don't see any new damage to the clutch lever. Any tips?
It is a Suzuki stupid design wont start even in neutral with clutch switch out. Jump the 2 wires on the clutch switch together if it starts you know the issue.

As mentioned above, make sure it's in neutral. If the light doesn't come on, you may have damaged the neutral sensor wire, but that in and of itself may or may not prevent you from starting if the other things below are OK.

Also check your clutch switch - I scratched my head over a GS500 that wouldn't start because the clutch switch wiring was loose/disconnected after my brother wiped it down prior to a buyer coming to see it.

Kickstand sensor is another thing to check.
I think Suzuki was the only brand that had that POS clutch lever activated start switch.

I may be wrong however but it was a pain when it got dirty over time and didn't activate and of course it was always at an inopportune time.

Back
Top Bottom