Bike Friendly Ontario Insurance People [2008 edition!] | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike Friendly Ontario Insurance People [2008 edition!]

The best quote I received for my '83 Kawasaki 440LTD was $977, in 6 payments over 6 months time. I'm 25 with my M2 in July 06, clean record.

From Riders Plus.

No B.S., quick and very helpful over the phone. I dealt with Mike at extension 240. Highly recommended!

Anyone find an insurance company that considers the # of cylinders in their Quote?
I trying to insure a 2003 Ducati Monster 800, and as a new rider (32 yr old Male) the 800ccs are hurting me.

Trying to get a quot from anyone that isn't owned by TD. Tried Primmus, they had all my info already 'cause I called TD. $780.00/year, not too bad.
1982 Suzuki GS750E
30 yrs old
Seperated
No other insurance.

The best quote I received for my '83 Kawasaki 440LTD was $977, in 6 payments over 6 months time. I'm 25 with my M2 in July 06, clean record.

From Riders Plus.

No B.S., quick and very helpful over the phone. I dealt with Mike at extension 240. Highly recommended!

When I called I was told they don't insure bikes over 20 yrs old. WTF!:eek:

Some information of my small experience in finding first insurance.

Kawasaki ninja 250 of 2001
G, M1 licence + M2 RTI course
Clean records
newer had any insurance before
15 yo :headbang:

Well, first of all I called Sabrina Paul from State Farm. She told that SF never give a motorcycle insurance to those who has G less than 5 years, which was in my case. Sabrina told me, that I would have a qoute of about 470$/year by SF on time my G will be 5 years of its age...:scratch:
In this case SF could complete an insurance on (for exmap) Nordic Insurance quote, just Sabrina doesn't know how to do it.
Then I called State Farm guy (Steve) here in Etobicoke. He told me first the same story about 5 years and than checked the quote by Nordic Ins (or someone else) which was about 270$/month! :laughing6:
By the way, all online moto insurance quotes sent me to the phone, explaining that my case is especial.
The Kingsway would quote me 924$/year if I were a member of OMA.

Then after I looked through this Thread again and called Robin Aldrich from Murtaugh Smith Financial. That guy was very polite on talking by phone! He asked few questions about a bike, it's cc, it's year and selling price, about were I'm living and my driver records (I guess that's all).
In few moments he found a qoute of about 1000$/first year by JEVCO. This quote consideres that I have no insurance history... For the next year in case I will have the same size bike and assuming no 'at fault' motorcycle
accidents in a first year, AND carrying no more than 2 minor traffic
violations, the quote will be less than 400$/year.
JEVCO doesn't care about M1 or M2 licence, about taking any course or beeing member of any association.

Cheers! :tongue8:
slogan

Last edited:
i called many places but no one insures 16 year olds.. anyone know who i can call?

will any of these insure a 16 year old

Call them and find out. I can tell you RBC won't as you have to have been riding (insured) a few years before they will touch you.

Try Jerry Kasperd or Brian Duffy.

You want to ride so bad you can taste it but you might not be able to do that for a couple years... Riding isn't cheap, I think you mentioned riding dirtbikes, you might stick to that for a couple more years, it's still riding if not on the street. It's not like bikes are gonna be banned in the next little while (at least I hope not).

yea i do ride dirt bikes but on the street. i have been chased many times and just dont want to do that anymore. its either i stop riding which i dont want to do or pay 3 grand a year which i cant afford.

I have had good experiences with Heater Solie, she is a State Farm Agent in Milton. Her number is 905-693-1400, her husband rides, so she is biker friendly. She is also very accommodating. Good experience so far.

yea i do ride dirt bikes but on the street. i have been chased many times and just dont want to do that anymore. its either i stop riding which i dont want to do or pay 3 grand a year which i cant afford.

Yeah well you might not like the consequences if you get caught or get hurt while trying to flee. you could always stick to riding off road. Riding on the road could cause you not to be riding at all. You're 16, you're going to have rates that are discouraging at first.

Im 21, M2, with a speeding ticket, and I got coverage for my 02 Katana for 2800 with Kingsway... Ill have five years driving experience (beggining with my G1) before my next years renewal... Does this mean I should try giving Statefarm a call once my renewal comes... should I expect something cheaper then 1600, because my broker said next year he will move me to JEVCO, and he said I should be paying around 1600 for just liability....

Best i got fr 23 Gm2 05 gs500f
Kingsway 1800, 2nd year jevco 1400.

Cheers

Yeah well you might not like the consequences if you get caught or get hurt while trying to flee. you could always stick to riding off road. Riding on the road could cause you not to be riding at all. You're 16, you're going to have rates that are discouraging at first.

I agree, dirt bikes are meant for dirt and are illegal on road. I own A Tomos Targa LX moped 70cc (decked head) (450/year (cornerstone)). I was looking to upgrade and decided to purchase an 09 ninja 250r then i cancelled the pre-order and decided to go with a cheaper than my ninja, beautiful 1999 Suzuki gsx-r 600 SRAD. Until i was discourged by insurance 2940/year (17 yo...ppl same age,unless ur loaded, stick with something smaller!) being seventeen i expected that, so i went all the way down back to two options: a 250 (07 zz-r250) or a 2005 derbi gpr 50 racing (i love 2 strokes). The insurance quote on the 250 was $15xx one way coverage (i'm covered when some1 hits me) with jevco, is this an actual good rate? and andrew quoted me $12xx for the derbi... dont u think thats a little expensive for a 49cc two stroke motorcycle? HELP! i'd rather get the 50 if the insuance on it is like 600/year!

dude, you gotta deal with it.. thats how much it costs for the privilage of riding here.

Anyone know a State Farm agent that will do only your bike? I would like to leave my bike with them but move my cages to another company. My current agent insists (illegally with tied selling of course) that I have my home and car with him as well or he won't touch the bike).
I have my bike, house, and all my cars with them now cuz their bike rates are good, but State Farm's rates are almost double what RBC or Bel Air are for my cages. I do get great service with the State Farm agent I am with now, and I can understand paying a little more for good service...but paying double for it?
C'mon. Their car and truck rates aren't even competetive with RBC/TD/Bel Air etc.

Anyone know a State Farm agent that will do only your bike? I would like to leave my bike with them but move my cages to another company. My current agent insists (illegally with tied selling of course) that I have my home and car with him as well or he won't touch the bike).
I have my bike, house, and all my cars with them now cuz their bike rates are good, but State Farm's rates are almost double what RBC or Bel Air are for my cages. I do get great service with the State Farm agent I am with now, and I can understand paying a little more for good service...but paying double for it?
C'mon. Their car and truck rates aren't even competetive with RBC/TD/Bel Air etc.

Sabrina Paul @ Ajax statefarm. shes very good with bikes, she sorta knows them. she is very helpful and caring...and good rates...

Ron Snoxxal at SF will take bike only

Could you please add me to this list.

State Farm Insurance - Sandy Mackenzie Ins.Agcy Inc.
6336 Main St. Stouffvillle
(905) 642-4546 ask for Heather:p or Janet;)
30 years experience in Insurance & Riding.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom