big poppas purely hypothetical window shopping thread | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

big poppas purely hypothetical window shopping thread

Nice congrats @Evoex. I'm just shocked you could get a personalized plate on a bike! Didn't know that was an option...

'Mimico' sounds good...or 'Polak'...
Only five characters max on a motorcycle plate and polak is taken. If you bastardize the spelling of your name, you can get the plate for $310.

Last edited:
Nice congrats @Evoex. I'm just shocked you could get a personalized plate on a bike! Didn't know that was an option...

figured it was mandatory for Ballers.

also have to play by the normal personalized plate rules

if you lose it or it gets stolen tough cookies, pay for another.

@Evoex did you go to budds?

@Evoex did you go to budds?
nope.

Went to downtown BMW one day about 1.5hrs before they closed, couldn't find anyone. Left my info, no one ever called. NP

Went to my boys at Maranello (where i bought my XR), they took care of me as usual. The dealership in NB where the bike was transferred from dropped the ball, but that's another story.

nope.

Went to downtown BMW one day about 1.5hrs before they closed, couldn't find anyone. Left my info, no one ever called. NP

Went to my boys at Maranello (where i bought my XR), they took care of me as usual. The dealership in NB where the bike was transferred from dropped the ball, but that's another story.
We have time. Do tell.

Winter is here

Back in the early/mid 2000's there was a member on here who had a custom plate on his bike "MY GF"
Can't remember who it was.
I believe the story was that they went on a group ride to southern US and the bike was stolen from a motel parking lot.

Back in the early/mid 2000's there was a member on here who had a custom plate on his bike "MY GF"
Can't remember who it was.
I believe the story was that they went on a group ride to southern US and the bike was stolen from a motel parking lot.

Maybe @Lightcycle or @Wingboy would remember

We have time. Do tell.

Winter is here
Took almost 6 weeks to ship from NB door to door.

Maranello bought the bike from them to sell to me, sent over all the paperwork etc etc. And the clowns in NB sent the invoice back and it was higher than what I was paying (for my bike). So the finance guy here flags it and asks the sales manager what is he smoking, that they were losing money on this deal. Sales manager double checks the numbers and paperwork, turns out it was a completely different model with more features they were trying to sell to them. The VIN didn't even match!! So sales manager calls them and they were like 'oh, whoops'. They had to unwind the entire deal and start over.

Then the logistics company called over here and said they were refusing to pickup the bike because it wasn't strapped on a skid, like it comes from overseas. Sales manager calls NB and asks wtf is going on, go get a skid. They said they don't have anymore and don't know where to source them. Like REALLY??? Don't know where to buy a ******* wood pallet for gods sake. So the sales manager had to jump through some hoops with logistics before he could get it shipped here. Lamest **** ever.

I'm probably going to leave the dealership in NB a scathing review.

Sales manager@Maranello was extremely apologetic and thanked me for my patience, said they usually have an interesting experience in buying from the east coast, but this deal took the cake. If it had been early or mid season i might have been more upset. In the end lost a few weeks of riding, oh well.

Maranello bought the bike from them to sell to me, sent over all the paperwork etc etc. And the clowns in NB sent the invoice back and it was higher than what I was paying (for my bike). So the finance guy here flags it and asks the sales manager what is he smoking, that they were losing money on this deal. Sales manager double checks the numbers and paperwork, turns out it was a completely different model with more features they were trying to sell to them. The VIN didn't even match!! So sales manager calls them and they were like 'oh, whoops'. They had to unwind the entire deal and start over.

Then the logistics company called over here and said they were refusing to pickup the bike because it wasn't strapped on a skid, like it comes from overseas. Sales manager calls NB and asks wtf is going on, go get a skid. They said they don't have anymore and don't know where to source them. Like REALLY??? Don't know where to buy a ******* wood pallet for gods sake. So the sales manager had to jump through some hoops with logistics before he could get it shipped here. Lamest **** ever.

One day they will move to motorcycles, and we will have less BS to deal with

1700248956335.png

I'm probably going to leave the dealership in NB a scathing review.

Sales manager@Maranello was extremely apologetic and thanked me for my patience, said they usually have an interesting experience in buying from the east coast, but this deal took the cake. If it had been early or mid season i might have been more upset. In the end lost a few weeks of riding, oh well.
Sneaky and lazy bums

I guess it's good it happened at the tail end of the season and not in June .

figured it was mandatory for Ballers.

also have to play by the normal personalized plate rules

if you lose it or it gets stolen tough cookies, pay for another.

But can you get the same one? And would you want to, knowing that someone else could now have it.

But can you get the same one? And would you want to, knowing that someone else could now have it.
ya i would.

can i? good question.

The first thing I got after buying my first Ducati was a personalized plate, but I've been too worried to mount it. Last thing I want to deal with is someone finding or taking it, and me ending up with their 407 bills and speed/red light cam/parking tickets.

The first thing I got after buying my first Ducati was a personalized plate, but I've been too worried to mount it. Last thing I want to deal with is someone finding or taking it, and me ending up with their 407 bills and speed/red light cam/parking tickets.
meh, i mean sure it's a 'risk' but i'd say all things considered it's pretty low. if you report it stolen etc at the time than 407/cops can go fly a kite.

also, what do you mean you don't tuck the plate???? Bro, 1st rule of Sportbike GTALand; Tuck the Plate!

Back
Top Bottom