Biden presidency | Page 15 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Biden presidency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a serious crime? Those are your words, not mine.

I consider all forms violent protest to be crimes. And in cases like this the intent, not outcome, should involve serious consequences.

While I feel sorry for the gal that had her head shot off at the Capitol and believe it was an overstepping of force, I won’t shed tears for people who place themselves in those situations.

Do stupid things, expect stupid results.
It seems like you speak out of both sides of your mouth .....a few posts ago it was a couple of windows broken.....now its the intent that should involve serious consequences? How do you measure intent? Maybe by what people say they are going to do? by the equipment they carry?
You should be an MP. Complain about everything and offer no solutions. That is how you get elected.

Systemic racism and the marginalization that comes with it is my first thought.

I'm quite interested in debating and searching for solutions to that problem. Despite what many on the left may think, being conservative doesn't mean one embraces supremacy in any form.
Systemic racism.... which parts of the american constitution and bill of rights is systemically racist in 2021? Or even better where in the Canadian Charter of rights and freedoms are systemically racist clauses, since Canada is also considered systemically racist...

Systemic racism.... which parts of the american constitution and bill of rights is systemically racist in 2021? Or even better where in the Canadian Charter of rights and freedoms are systemically racist clauses, since Canada is also considered systemically racist...
Afaik, is explicitly prohibited but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. There is a historical mess that caused a divide and I don't know how to recover from it. Much of it is similar to first nations issues long long ago. If your grandfather and my grandfather made a trade that in retrospect was terrible for me (or even if your grandfather stole from my grandfather), how do you fix that now? The grandfathers are both dead. We are in substantially different economic realities due to compound interest and the jumpstart provided (or taken) by the grandfathers. Should current society fix it? I don't have good answers to any of these questions. Add in the current mess of US drug laws being written to target disadvantage (black) people and let off affluent (white) people (crack is bad, cocaine isn't so bad) and you are still beating people while they are down to make sure they don't have a chance to catch up (on average).

MM, is your next challenge running for MP?
Impossible, he actually answers a question. There much better candidates on these boards.

Afaik, is explicitly prohibited but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. There is a historical mess that caused a divide and I don't know how to recover from it. Much of it is similar to first nations issues long long ago. If your grandfather and my grandfather made a trade that in retrospect was terrible for me (or even if your grandfather stole from my grandfather), how do you fix that now? The grandfathers are both dead. We are in substantially different economic realities due to compound interest and the jumpstart provided (or taken) by the grandfathers. Should current society fix it? I don't have good answers to any of these questions. Add in the current mess of US drug laws being written to target disadvantage (black) people and let off affluent (white) people (crack is bad, cocaine isn't so bad) and you are still beating people while they are down to make sure they don't have a chance to catch up (on average).
Oh come on now. History is history. How far back do you want to go? Should people with some Neanderthal DNA sue homo sapiens for the genocide?

Right now "Today" it is literally, systemically, ILLEGAL to discriminate against anyone for any reason. Is there racist doucshbags in the world? Yes. That doesn't mean an entire country is systemically racist, especially when the west has shown to care the most about actuall equality under the law.

Oh come on now. History is history. How far back do you want to go? Should people with some Neanderthal DNA sue homo sapiens for the genocide?

Right now "Today" it is literally, systemically, ILLEGAL to discriminate against anyone for any reason. Is there racist doucshbags in the world? Yes. That doesn't mean an entire country is systemically racist, especially when the west has shown to care the most about actuall equality under the law.
I'm not saying you go back. There is no good answer to the situation in my opinion. Not continuing to oppress going forwards seems very reasonable.

As far as discrimination being illegal, you just write laws that are racist but pretend not to be. Easy peasy. Done. You just can't be dumb enough to use the trigger words that can get you in trouble.

I'm not saying you go back. There is no good answer to the situation in my opinion. Not continuing to oppress going forwards seems very reasonable.

As far as discrimination being illegal, you just write laws that are racist but pretend not to be. Easy peasy. Done. You just can't be dumb enough to use the trigger words that can get you in trouble.
Which laws are low key racist?

Which laws are low key racist?
I provided one example of crack vs cocaine (in the US). Possession for weed ends up being enforced based on race (in the US, not sure about Canada). Carding was not a law but it was an accepted law-enforcement practice that while it had many benefits also was substantially race-based.

I provided one example of crack vs cocaine (in the US). Possession for weed ends up being enforced based on race (in the US, not sure about Canada). Carding was not a law but it was an accepted law-enforcement practice that while it had many benefits also was substantially race-based.
Lordy, just saw in the U.S. some guy just got out of jail. 25 years for possession of marijuana. Poor guy.

It seems like you speak out of both sides of your mouth .....a few posts ago it was a couple of windows broken.....now its the intent that should involve serious consequences? How do you measure intent? Maybe by what people say they are going to do? by the equipment they carry?
You should be an MP. Complain about everything and offer no solutions. That is how you get elected.
I was specifically referring to leaving pipe bombs behind.

Thanks for the MP career advice! But no, I have a fear of stupid - working in the House of Commons would trigger that phobia. Hanging around here pushes my limits sometimes.

The way US drug designation is written, a schedule 2 drug is any drug with a high potential for abuse but is also used for medicinal purposes. Cocaine and meth fall into that category. Schedule 1 drug is one with high potential for abuse but zero medical use. Crack falls into this category. Nothing to do with race... however people assuming more black people are crack heads then white people is a little worrisome.

Carding was an amazing deterrent to people carrying weapons 24/7. Nowadays there is nothing stopping criminals staying armed at all times and as happens when they see a rival it's the O.K corral in downtown Toronto at noon.

In Australia when I was younger I got carded a number of times walking home drunk from a party or the clubs. Never did I complain I was discriminated against for police keeping the neighbourhoods safe.

The way US drug designation is written, a schedule 2 drug is any drug with a high potential for abuse but is also used for medicinal purposes. Cocaine and meth fall into that category. Schedule 1 drug is one with high potential for abuse but zero medical use. Crack falls into this category. Nothing to do with race... however people assuming more black people are crack heads then white people is a little worrisome.

Carding was an amazing deterrent to people carrying weapons 24/7. Nowadays there is nothing stopping criminals staying armed at all times and as happens when they see a rival it's the O.K corral in downtown Toronto at noon.

In Australia when I was younger I got carded a number of times walking home drunk from a party or the clubs. Never did I complain I was discriminated against for police keeping the neighbourhoods safe.
I didn't say I was against carding, it was just applied in a problematic fashion. A hell of a lot more people are carrying now that it stopped and most shootings you hear of now have people returning fire to double the danger to the public.

we talking a baggy or 500 tons?
No idea about the case but I would be inclined to think baggy not weight. The 500 tons guy would have money for lawyers and influence. The baggie guy bends over with a public defender telling them to accept a plea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom