Best upgrade to a vintage bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best upgrade to a vintage bike

Old Suzy

Site Supporter
I just upgraded my old 1977 Suzuki horn to two FIAMM horns from princess auto (high & low tone) so now instead of meeep meep I get freaking railway train horn. Gotta be the best $18.00 X 2 I have spent on my restoration. Installed last night, already saved my bacon this morning as some guy in an suv decided my lane should be his. Can't understand why on current model bikes most of the horns are so pathetic.

I just swapped out the 35 year old front master cylinder for a 2012 CBR radial style . Bike now stops like it should. :)

Loud horns save lives.

@OldSuzy would like to see apic of that setup. My horn sounds like it belongs on a purple bike. Oh wait.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

@OldSuzy would like to see apic of that setup. My horn sounds like it belongs on a purple bike. Oh wait.

That would be epic.

Sent from my custom gay purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Easy now, my cruiser is purple.

Easy now, my cruiser is purple.
Uhm, RDD....
my bike's name is Purple Rain
9f8f8daa51d2b82bc935b35413e410f5.jpg

Years ago I went to an auto wrecker and pulled two Fiam Freeway Blasters, high and low from an old minivan. Cleaned them up, filed off all the loose rust and painted them. In unison with my meep meep they are very dissonant. It is one of the best upgrades I've done. Now for the car...

I used the horn for the FIRST time on my new to me triumph, its says "excuse me" , I want it to say " F... Off" . I'll be into princess auto tomorrow.

Will do tonight!

Probably go for the high, but either one if much loader than any stock alarm.

Interesting. Which one would you recommend if you were only using one?

could have use it this morning when the blind soccer mom beside me merged into the diamond lane without looking. Good thing my brakes work though. She jumped a bit when I "knocked" on her driver window. Guess she didn't use the mirror on that side either.

I would think low, otherwise the Meep Meep might be the same as stock. Best upgrade for a Vintage might be a more modern electrical system.

I would think low, otherwise the Meep Meep might be the same as stock. Best upgrade for a Vintage might be a more modern electrical system.

+1, and electronic ignition.

Interesting. Which one would you recommend if you were only using one?

Why stop at one? Just get both the high and low. And keep your OEM horn as well. When on sale at Princess Auto the Fiam horns are only $12 so not expensive. Add a $5 relay, some wire and you're good to go. It's all gong through a relay anyway, using the OEM horn as the trigger. The more dissonance you create the better it is.

I put a Stebel Air horn on my bike. One day I might get around to making a second switch so that I can still give a polite toot toot.

@OldSuzy pic doesn't work for me.

Back
Top Bottom