Best place to get hitch installed (wired)? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best place to get hitch installed (wired)?

RodneyBR

Site Supporter
First off, I have a Pontiac Montana 2008 FWD Van.

I was thinking www.vanandtruckworld.com. I called them and the have class III hitches and installation isn't that expensive, between $300-$400. Another option is Uhaul, but I really don't trust Uhaul that much. I called Canadian Tire, but they are expensive and I trust them even less.

You folks have an recommendations on the best place to get a hitch installed in Ajax, Ontario or surrounding area?

Last edited:
Uhaul i find has the best prices installed!

First off, I have a Pontiac Montana 2008 FWD Van.

You folks have an recommendations on the best place to get a hitch installed in Ajax, Ontario or surrounding area?

I had a good experience with HitchCity in Scarborough, once they managed to get my hitch in at least. The first question should be if they have it in in stock.

I don't remember if they matched the U-haul price or it was just close enough not to bother but it would have been the same hardware from either.

I just looked up the install instructions for the uhaul hitch (OEM valley hitch: http://www.etrailer.com/instructions.aspx?pn=V82000) and it's a few bolts to install it yourself. There's even a video to show you how: http://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hitch/Pontiac/Montana+SV6/2008/V82000.html?vehicleid=20086922

You can get a plug and play harness from any trailer shop (or canadian tire) and you won't have to cut wires - I think this is the one for your van: http://www.drawtite-hitches.com/products/T_One_Connector_Wiring_Light_Kit,118396

Honestly - do it yourself. It's an hour tops of work and will cost about $200 all things in.

This guy did mine, good price and clean install.

safe-pull trailer hitches
151 Toryork Dr, Toronto (Finch & 400 area)
416-742-1087

Last edited:
This guy did mine, good price and clean install.

safe-pull trailer hitches
151 Toryork Dr, Toronto (Finch & 400 area)
416-742-1087

+1 on this recommendation...

I called many places when I had my hitch installed, and this guy was far and away the cheapest I found.

He installed the hitch (hidden) and wiring while I waited (about 45 min) and he was very friendly and great to do business with.

Offer to pay cash, and you'll probably get a discount :wink: I paid $175 all in, but he said it was a bit cheaper than usual because I had the hitch installed on a '94 minivan and he had the parts in-stock and didn't think he would ever get rid of them. I believe the guys name was Bruce.

I work for a UHAUL dealer on some weekends and we have installed many UHAUL hitches. It's Jackie & Harold's Service Center also know as North York Automotive. They are at 4256 Chesswood Dr. 416-630-3390. Ask for JAckie the owner and tell him that Robert Sent you and also that you are from the GTAM website and will get a 10% discount. They also do many automotive work on older cars. Great prices and very dependable mechanics.

Back
Top Bottom