Best heated gloves? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best heated gloves?

Another vote for Jimmy and Fired up X. I have the original vest and gloves as well as the new glove liners. I cant say enough about them. I work outdoors and use them in the winter daily. Also use them for snowblowing and walking the dog !! He is local so you can try sizing first if you want and he is there for any issues that may arise.

When the heated socks are available I will be set !! Jimmy, are you listening?

I got a medium pair or fired up velocity gloves if you're interested. They're great, just don't fit me swell.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

I've ridden highways in -15 weather with snowmobile gloves. They are dexterous enough for riding and were cheaper than motorcycle gloves. Mine were 25 bucks on clearance from Royal. They are definitely warm enough for walking around or pushing a snowblower.

I have Gerbings

Original Gerbing's no longer in business. They got bought out by a company at the end of 2012 and placed under another heated clothing brand called Gyde. So if you have Gerbing clothing from before 2013, it's not the same stuff today. The warranty got slashed to one-year only and they seldom have certain sizes in stock.

Original Gerbings family started another company called Gordon's Heated Clothing:

If you are looking for the original pre-2013 quality + lifetime warranty.

I don't get the need for heated gloves. I ride bikes and sleds, on my sled it gets chilly moving at 150 in -20 weather but I don't need heated mitts. On my bike I never hit those speeds/temps -- Thinsulate gauntlet style glovesare all I use. Maybe a $50 heated grip kit if you really have trouble with the cold.

Not cheap. Wife has a pair and loves them.
RADIATOR GTX Men’s Heated Gloves by Zanier. At Costco

I don't get the need for heated gloves................

You're very much in the minority on this, I'm sure.

For most people buying heated gear is something they put off for a number of reasons, maybe affordability/cost being a key thing. Once you have a liner, gloves and a troller and are fully comfortable on day long rides near freezing you wonder why you waiting so long to get heated gear.

After having a used Gerbing set for 3 - 4 years I purchased a replacement liner, gloves, socks and a dual remote troller from Warm n' Safe. Prices are competitive, they ship to Canada for a reasonable cost, easy to work with and they have a competitive product trade in and upgrade program that saves you money.

I don't get the need for heated gloves. I ride bikes and sleds, on my sled it gets chilly moving at 150 in -20 weather but I don't need heated mitts. On my bike I never hit those speeds/temps -- Thinsulate gauntlet style glovesare all I use. Maybe a $50 heated grip kit if you really have trouble with the cold.

I know they seem kind of candy-ass, but on long rides in -5C weather heated gloves and jacket increase your endurance. If you're just out for an hour or two heated grips or just a good pair of ski gloves will do, but if you're out all day you appreciate electricity.

You're very much in the minority on this, I'm sure.

For most people buying heated gear is something they put off for a number of reasons, maybe affordability/cost being a key thing. Once you have a liner, gloves and a troller and are fully comfortable on day long rides near freezing you wonder why you waiting so long to get heated gear.

After having a used Gerbing set for 3 - 4 years I purchased a replacement liner, gloves, socks and a dual remote troller from Warm n' Safe. Prices are competitive, they ship to Canada for a reasonable cost, easy to work with and they have a competitive product trade in and upgrade program that saves you money.
You could be right, perhaps I don't know what I'm missing. Then again, I don't get cold hands or feet so it's a moot point for me.

From years of experience riding sleds, I can tell you a MC helmet is a sure fire recipe for cold hands. I wear a snowmobile helmet and dickie if it's really cold. Snowmobile helmets are better at retaining heat and the don't for when closed. Your head is a heat sink -- if you lose too much body heat from thru your head or core, your circulatory system shuts of the heat to your hands and feet.

My hands get cold anything under 15deg.
I used to ride without heated gear but it sucked big time.
There was a guy over on ADV who rode the TransLab in January and I think over to Vancouver without any kind of heated gear. Some people just don't need it.

There was a guy over on ADV who rode the TransLab in January and I think over to Vancouver without any kind of heated gear. Some people just don't need it.

For those ADV guys, it's a matter of survival.

If you rely on heated gear and it fails on you in the middle of the tundra, you'll freeze to death. So you have to be able to rely solely on insulation instead of technology while on tour.

And that was his logic too. I recall he had pretty thick manly hands and fingers. My hands were designed for caressing my lady, so heated gear it is!

I didnt need heated gloves for 40 years, now when I'm skiing or sledding if my hands start to get cold ( and they will) I cant undo a zipper or a button, my two little fingers on both hands do not function. I have 250.00 North Face expedition grade mittens, but they are so bulky you cant do much except walk accross a glacier. I'm buying heated gloves this winter.

Big fan of warm n safe gear, owner is a contributor on ADVRider. I used to be a Gerbing/Gylde customer, until the liner burnt my back. It then failed again after being recalled and repaired, and no longer honored any warranty.

Back
Top Bottom