Best broker for a young rider on a 250? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best broker for a young rider on a 250?

Nofear

I'm looking to be insured next year when I actually get my bike, so I was just wondering which brokers I could call who would possibly give me the best rate?

Basic rider info:
19 y/o male
Had M2 for a full year, and G1/G2 since 16 y/o (no claims or tickets)
2008 kawi ninja 250r

I called John Duffy and got a quote for $1973 per year (for just $1m liability), which is still a bit steep for me.

If anyone has some brokers that they would like to recommend me and I could call for a quote, please do!

Well its kinda bull s#!t when Progressive in the USA can insure a rider my age for around $300 per year

I have about $7500 saved for motorcycling (going to throw more money in the hole when next summer rolls around for me to get another job) I was hoping insurance would be $1500/year max...

Last edited:
Well its kinda bull s#!t when Progressive in the USA can insure a rider my age for around $300 per year

I have about $7500 saved for motorcycling (going to throw more money in the hole when next summer rolls around for me to get another job) I was hoping insurance would be $1500/year max...

There are plenty of threads explaining the difference between the US and Canadian insurance scenes.

At 19yo, you aren't going to find insurance for $1500 or less. The Jevco quote with Duffy is probably the best you are going to get.

I was hoping insurance would be $1500/year max...

If you want that price the only way to get it is to sell your 250 and get a CBR125. That one of the better quotes I have seen for someone your age ;)

If you want that price the only way to get it is to sell your 250 and get a CBR125. That one of the better quotes I have seen for someone your age ;)

The CBR125 won't be much cheaper than a Ninja 250 -- in fact, it is probably the same premium with many insurers.

Get your Full G wait a year and go with state farm.

The "wait-a-year" strategy only applies to Jevco, since they consider you experience after simply being M1/M2 licensed for one full calendar year.

State Farm requires that you have your full G AND you have been licensed on a car for 5 complete calendar years. State Farm rates are very attractive for people who have been driving a car for a while, but are buying a bike with zero experience.

The CBR125 won't be much cheaper than a Ninja 250 -- in fact, it is probably the same premium with many insurers.
I called many insurance companies and asked for a quote for both the bikes and they were exactly the same. (I dont know about state farm cause I dont qualify)

Back
Top Bottom