Bent subframe on a 07 CBR600rr track bike - aftermarket or stock replacement? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bent subframe on a 07 CBR600rr track bike - aftermarket or stock replacement?

darek_dadr

Hi, I crashed pretty badly at the end of this season and bent the subframe to the point that it's not really repairable. The plastic tray that holds the battery and wiring is cracked into multiple pieces too. My options are to get a used stock subframe and tray which would cost around 400-500 CAD from US Ebay or get an aftermarket aluminium one - they go for anywhere between 300 and 800 CAD (more expensive ones have a battery holder).

Even if the aluminium racing frame had the battery holder, I would still need to figure out a way to mount the wiring and also make it waterproof since it doesn't come with a protective tray. I can't find any resources online for accommodating an aftermarket subframe. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated!

Yep, call Woddy's if he says he thinks he has one go there asap to perform the extraction ?
... it's a race bike, go with home built aluminum, stick the electrics in tupperware and seal the wire holes with silicon

CBR600RR.net has nothing to say on this?

I'd reach out to the aftermarket manufacturer (Motoholder?) and see if they offer any instructions or photos of whatever unit you're looking at with the wiring installed. Pricing being equal, I'd go with whatever is lightest...

Go stock.....unless weight savings are that key.
Everything will bolt on...less work, less hassel...more reliability

... or crash tolerance is important - this is a track bike. The stock subframe is cast, and is not tolerant of crashes at all. The aftermarket tubular ones have a fighting chance of remaining serviceable after a crash.

There's no need for the wiring harness to be "waterproof". All the important connectors are themselves sealed against water intrusion. You're not using the lighting connectors. You can put plastic bags over some of the important bits if you like.

... or crash tolerance is important - this is a track bike. The stock subframe is cast, and is not tolerant of crashes at all. The aftermarket tubular ones have a fighting chance of remaining serviceable after a crash.

There's no need for the wiring harness to be "waterproof". All the important connectors are themselves sealed against water intrusion. You're not using the lighting connectors. You can put plastic bags over some of the important bits if you like.
Good point to note!

I ended up buying a used frame from US Ebay for 80 USD. I used a service called shippsy to get the package delivered to Toronto for a reasonable price. Ended up costing around 150CAD after all fees.

Good you found one for a decent price, but in future, hop onto FB and join the couple Canadian track day forum pages.

Tons of guys parting out bikes, or that will have spares to sell for cheap.

Back
Top Bottom