Belfountain Coffee Closing! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Belfountain Coffee Closing!

SteverinoB

My wife and I dropped into Belfountain for a coffee today at a favourite M/C and non M/C java stop and the first thing we see is this....

IMG_0524.jpg

Too bad! Great coffee and people. Figure it won't take long before someone else is up and running here?

Cheers...Steve

Yikes, what will we all do now? There is a little restaurant directly next door (currently far too small - the number of people that go through the Shed on a busy day would overwhelm them) ... and another one around the corner and down the hill (but only with a very small parking lot) ... and another one across the street from that one.

I know the locals don't like that the Shed is a hang-out but it seems like a good business model for that location.

The quiet antiques and trinkets shops that the locals seem to want to have, are not.

Very overpriced little shop. And I'm a Starbucks drinker... Sorry to hear, for those of you who have fond memories of the joint

Unfortunate news. It's a good place to start from in the West End. Grab a coffee, see new bikes, talk to the riders.

Typical story, many landlords and real estate people are pirates, they make higher profits than drug dealers.
Basic greed and aspirations of more money will kill any small business.
10$ says it becomes a Tim Hortons or a Starbucks.

^ If it is one of those 2, I HOPE it is a timmies.

^ If it is one of those 2, I HOPE it is a timmies.

But Timmies doesn't serve coffee, it serves dark coloured foul tasting hot water. Starbucks does the same but gives it an italian name and charges you 4 times as much.

I like independant coffee places.

+1 especially with cute girls - a Shed speciality on those hot days.

That place was a gold mine - I doubt very much it will close permanently - might relocate - the place across the street was also caught up in a scrap and stayed empty for 3 years.
Seems contagious around there.
I'll niggle Michelle over some details.

The little group of immortals on GoogleStreetview will be devastated ;)

Screenshot2011-10-12atOct122011111251PM.jpg

That sucks. I've only been there a couple of times, but got great service and the coffee was at least half-decent.

But Timmies doesn't serve coffee, it serves dark coloured foul tasting hot water. Starbucks does the same but gives it an italian name and charges you 4 times as much.

I like independant coffee places.

:lmao:

+1

Sad to hear the Shed is closing.
They have good coffee.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk

The hot chocolate was good, don't drink coffee :)

I know the locals don't like that the Shed is a hang-out but it seems like a good business model for that location..

whats the bet the landlord got pressured from the locals to not encourage a coffee hang out for bikers?
or perhaps on the opposite front, Tim Hortons wants to open up there ;) Captured Market ;)

Back
Top Bottom