Be aware Dukes of Cycle | GTAMotorcycle.com

Be aware Dukes of Cycle

krrakt

Buyer beware, Dukes of Cycle

Hey,

I went to see these guys from their add on kijiji

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...S-RCS-FOLDING-LEVER-STREET-W0QQAdIdZ441675439

I wanted the 1098 master cylinder advertised for 200. He states HST included when paying cash.

I needed a banjo bolt and 7 crush washers as well.

So I thought I would get my brake pads form them FA188 HH EBC pads MSRP 45.95

He said I can save by paying cash and he would throw in some brake fluid.

I gave him a deposit or I would have cancelled this all together.

So the used master was $240, 40 more than advertised, the brakes $115, $8 over msrp. at first he wanted $130 but I complained.

I paid 400 for everything, so I paid 75 bucks for a bottle of brake fluid, a bolt and some washers!

I will try to return the bolt and washers and fluid when I pick up the pads, I'll post what happens

I understand people need to make a living, does the manufacturer not consider this when they post the MSRP?

Nice!

Know your prices before you go and see Chris, I wont be again. Total slime ball.

edit. I forgot he did not give me the fluid reservoir or the brackets either....

Last edited:
Re: Buyer beware, Dukes of Cycle

Thanks for outting these tricky rats, I would never set foot there now.

write a review in the review section. but thanks for the heads i saw that and was actually considering buying.

I bought a dainese suit ,back protector and 2 pairs of gloves off them a few weeks ago with no problem..I would talk to carmine if i were you

I spoke to these guys in person when I bought my bike in February. We arranged to have my bike picked up and certified, I was told I would receive a call within a week. No call. I called and left 2 messages - no return call.
I'm assuming because I don't own a $15k Ducati? Or I was only spending a few hundred $$? Little did they know, my bike needed a lot more work done to safety it and they lost out on my business.

Well I'm going to pick up my brakes on Monday, I'm bringing my other parts with me and if they don't correct this crap I'll just ask for my money back for all but the brakes they ordered for me.

I'm seriously ******.

I'll post what happens.

Well I'm going to pick up my brakes on Monday, I'm bringing my other parts with me and if they don't correct this crap I'll just ask for my money back for all but the brakes they ordered for me.

I'm seriously ******.

I'll post what happens.

Thanks for the review! keep us posted on what happens. I hate getting ripped off!

Hey,

I went to get my brakes today, and I mentioned that he might have made a mistake on the total price.

Chris replied "no, there is no mistake".

I asked him how a $200 master and $115 brakes come to 400 bucks. Also why I did not get The complete MC with the reservoir, tube, bracket and clamps as advertised?

He said that I got a better MC than one in the ad and it does not come with the other parts. He said that I could use my own res. and bracket because the Ducati one would not work on my bike, BS.

We got into a huge argument and I recorded it on my phone because this was a cash deal and I had no receipt to prove I had already given him $350.

After showing him HIS add on Kijiji he still insisted that there was no mistake.

I did not give him the extra 50 bucks and asked for 35 back and the missing MC parts just to make everything add up.

He said NO but called me a few minutes later to give me 30 bucks.

If it was up to this guy I would be out 85 bucks and the 20 dollar res and 30 dollar bracket and 15 tube with clamps, $150!

I only ended up without the complete MC ($65 to complete).

In total I paid $320 for brake pads, incomplete MC, 7 washers, 1 banjo bolt, and a bottle of brake fluid.

I still got ripped off for about 60 bucks worth of parts but it could have been much worse!

I'll never even think of going near this place again, I'd rather push my bike!

Last edited:

Hey,

I installed my 1098 master cylinder on my bike and it squeaks when I pull the lever, like there is a dry O-ring in there.

I'm sure it will wear out faster and need a rebuild sooner then it would if functioning properly.

If I was dealing with a normal (read decent) shop, I would just exchange the item. I have no desire to see these people again though.

Also I noticed that their add changed the price of this to $250. I wonder why.

Best,

Too bad, I was going to get my Streetfighter tuned by them, but I'll stay away now.

That chris guy sure is a crook..
He advertised $99.00 for a OEM carbonfibre ducati 999S front fender on a Kijiji advertisement.
I called him on Friday and stated i would be in on Saturday to pick it up.
When I drove there he didn't even have the part in the shop and said he forgot i was coming . Then he said he could go get it but it wasn't OEM especially for that $99 price. I said listen here is the advertisement and our correspondence by email that shows him stating it is OEM..
He then said "oooppss" .. Carmine came out of the back room and apologized and gave him **** , but I still don't trust bringing my bikes there or doing business with them..

Hey,

I know Chris has seen this post, as he called and asked me to remove it.

What I don't understand is why don't they just start treating people properly and then some people might add positive experiences to this thread.

That's what I was hoping, that this WAKE UP call, might lead to a better business ethic from them.

I guess NOT!

Sorry to hear about your bad experience Alex...
But really , you are doing the whole motorcycle community a favor by letting others in on there below average, shady dealings...
On a positive note, I have heard that the owner and technician, Carmine does great work on bikes... It's just that other guy Chris that everyone else has to be careful of....

Sad to see that one individual can screw up the good rep of a company. I had heard good things about Dukes before, but I probably wouldn't be dealing with them if this is the experience you recieve

Sorry to hear about your bad experience Alex...
But really , you are doing the whole motorcycle community a favor by letting others in on there below average, shady dealings...
On a positive note, I have heard that the owner and technician, Carmine does great work on bikes... It's just that other guy Chris that everyone else has to be careful of....

Exactly,

It would not be right to take the post down as it is exactly what happened. It would have been better for me to have a positive experience to post instead, but that's not the way it went down. As you say 'let the community know'.

One post above mentions a good experience with Carmine, maybe he is a good guy, I don't know. Maybe he is stuck with Chris (read; family, partner etc.). It's too bad if that is the case because he is doing them no good.

Thanks

I've always dealt with Carm & haven't had any issues. If you have a problem, talk to Carm.

Back
Top Bottom