Barrina LED Garage/Shop Lighting | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Barrina LED Garage/Shop Lighting

The problem Gary has is probably installation. Sounds like they aren't connected properly.
I'm looking at selling my house and buying a smaller bungalow. I'll buy those lights again in a heartbeat.

The problem Gary has is probably installation. Sounds like they aren't connected properly.
I'm looking at selling my house and buying a smaller bungalow. I'll buy those lights again in a heartbeat.
They're connected like they can't be any more connected.
They worked perfect for 2 or 3 months. When it got below zero C, that's when 5 of the 8 stared to lag.
I have 12 in the basement. No probs.

I was planning on adding these based on earlier reviews. Rethinking now.....
I just fired up the barinas in the garage and my remote openers work with no issue. The lights are halfway between the opener and door. They are on a different circuit to the openers (didn't check if they were on the same phase or not).

I'll get SDR running soon and then I can check if the barrinas are throwing off something nasty. I have nothing that measures that high at the moment.

They're connected like they can't be any more connected.
They worked perfect for 2 or 3 months. When it got below zero C, that's when 5 of the 8 stared to lag.
I have 12 in the basement. No probs.
Do the first three work and then the next five lag, or is it random? With chinesium quality, I wouldn't be surprised if a cable or plug between light three and four was faulty. If they work in a random pattern, obviously the power is making it through the entire string.

Yes, the 1st three come on, next 5 lag....every time. I was just in there, +4C and they lagged 30 secs.

Yes, the 1st three come on, next 5 lag....every time. I was just in there, +4C and they lagged 30 secs.
Well that's good. When the weather cooperates, try swapping the cables and light at position three or four, you may only have a problem with one fixture or cable.

Ok, thanks. I've got a bunch of extra everything.
After I put the hammer to the lights, I'll see if replacement parts are necessary.

Ok, thanks. I've got a bunch of extra everything.
After I put the hammer to the lights, I'll see if replacement parts are necessary.
These lights are garbage.
Out of 8 in the garage, only 5 are still working. They've been dying off one at a time. Before they quit, they start to lightly flicker, and, black ring like things appear in each tube. Out of the 5 still working, I expect one more to die today or tomorrow, and one more should be toast by the weekend, since they both have "black lung".
I got the car outta the way and verfied all connections were good.
The price "was" right.

These lights are garbage.
Out of 8 in the garage, only 5 are still working. They've been dying off one at a time. Before they quit, they start to lightly flicker, and, black ring like things appear in each tube. Out of the 5 still working, I expect one more to die today or tomorrow, and one more should be toast by the weekend, since they both have "black lung".
I got the car outta the way and verfied all connections were good.
The price "was" right.
Thanks for the update. All mine still work. Normally those asian amazon companies will ship you a new set for free if they don't last as they want to maintain high ratings.

I gotta say that it sucks to hear this.
At the same time, I respectfully have to say that I am not surprised by the failure rate.

I'm sure you guys know this all too well. You get what you pay for.

Over time I found that these cheap companies offer nothing but junk. Does't matter if the price is good or if they are backed by amazon's guarantee.
Even local supply shops sell cheap junk lights. Often these pop up lighting suppliers that claim to be an electrical supplier. They have 50 different SKUs of lights but if you ask for something that is not on their SKU list they don't even know what you are asking for. Never mind trying to get it. (a typical electrical supplier item)

Since LED is the "next best thing", (has been for a few years now) everyone wants to get in on it. It has become cheap to produce (but with low quality). These cheap companies just don't have the resources for proper R & D. They reason why they stand behind their product and offer "great" warranty is because its cheap to produce. It costs them $2 to make an item that you buy for $20. (Sometimes they don't even have CSA stamps on them. )They would rather just replace it with another cheap light than produce a good quality one. They bank on the fact that a low percentage of people will actually want a replacement and a high percentage will just deal with it.

Don't get me wrong, there are decent quality Chinese companies that sell lights. But you usually have to pay a little bit more for them. Than there are the really good ones (still made in China) but not many people will want to pay $50+ for a single pot light for example. Unless under the advise of their electrician or designer.

Last summer, we installed about 100 Pot lights in a house going through a major reno.
They wanted "good quality with low cost". Reluctantly we found something that they liked and installed it. Before the Home Owners moved in we had about 3-5 fail, within a month of install. We decided to rip them all out and install better ones that were a few dollars more expensive per light. Luckily the supplier took the crappy ones back and sold us the new ones at his cost. We decided that it was better to eat the labour of replacing them now instead of after the HO moved in. Never mind trying to explain why a different light is failing every other day.
Needless to say, never going with that company again.

I’ve got 2 lights in my shop at work and 2 in my garage. Ones in the shop have been there for about 6 months and I just got around to putting the ones in the garage. All working fine so far....
What sort of life expectancy were you guys averaging?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 2 strings, been good so far.

I’ve got 2 lights in my shop at work and 2 in my garage. Ones in the shop have been there for about 6 months and I just got around to putting the ones in the garage. All working fine so far....
What sort of life expectancy were you guys averaging?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine are all working so far. The original set is setup as a single string of six in the garage and only flipped on if I am working out there and need lots of light. Therefore they don't accumulate tons of hours or cycles.

Second set is over a workbench in two strings of two lights. They went in around xmas. Again, not hundreds of hours or cycles on them but all working so far.

False alarm.I'm good again.
ntAo99M.jpg

RADVY80.jpg

PcIevRi.jpg

Back
Top Bottom