Barrina LED Garage/Shop Lighting | GTAMotorcycle.com

Barrina LED Garage/Shop Lighting

Wingboy

Site Supporter
Bought the Amazon 12 pack of 20watt tubes for $119 shipped.Includes all the hardware you need to install them any way you choose.I mounted mine in 4 banks of 3 tubes each, (you can connect up to 8 together) using the supplied cables or the little connectors to connect each light to the next like tiny lego.The spring steel mounting clips are tiny and the screws even smaller,but they tubes are only about 3oz.I used the screws right into the drywall ceiling.Plenty sturdy enough.They come with cables to hardwire them,but it was the same amount of work to install receptacles in the ceiling.

Flourescent crap before fixtures.The reason my toolbox has 4 flashlights front and center.
Changed the flourescent tubes to LED tubes.Still sucks donkey balls.
Hardwire the two receptacles needed to power the 2 banks of 6 lights each.Uggghhh...haven't been up here in 25 years.Should have worn a hard hat!
So easy,even a Ducati guy can do it!
Cable connecting 2 banks of 3 lights.
The pic doesn't do it justice.It's brighter than it looks.
Imgur
Other direction.I might put some under the cabinets now.Muwahahaha.
Imgur

Only the last two show up for me (after clicking of course). The lights look great and every time I see your garage I get a bit jealous lol.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

There are only 3 in there that are usable.The oldest one goes back to 1974

Lights look great! I put these in my son's single car garage, he only had a 60x incandescent off the opener -- the 4 piece kit lit his garage nicely. I just got the 12pack for my garage, hoping they will replace 4x2 T5s. How do they compare to the florescent you had before?

Will be a week or two before I have the time to install mine.

Lights look great! I put these in my son's single car garage, he only had a 60x incandescent off the opener -- the 4 piece kit lit his garage nicely. I just got the 12pack for my garage, hoping they will replace 4x2 T5s. How do they compare to the florescent you had before?

Will be a week or two before I have the time to install mine.
The difference is night and day. If i had to do it over, i would mount them on 12ft painted trim and then mount the trim to the ceiling. Easier than making a chalk line 10ft high and more secure than the little screws in drywall.
Only problem now, is every bit of dirt shows up. I had to Swiffer all the cobwebs.
Is it bright enough? Nobody ever said "your shop is too bright".

The difference is night and day. If i had to do it over, i would mount them on 12ft painted trim and then mount the trim to the ceiling. Easier than making a chalk line 10ft high and more secure than the little screws in drywall.
Only problem now, is every bit of dirt shows up. I had to Swiffer all the cobwebs.
Is it bright enough? Nobody ever said "your shop is too bright".
On the rare occasion someone takes it too far, switch strings separately so you can have decent light for general light and double the intensity for tasks that require it.

Garage lighting is going to be one of mine winter projects . Nice job OP .

I put 8 of these barrina lights in my garage. The garage is attached, but not heated. As soon as the temp hit 0C, only 3 of the 8 light up when I hit the switch. 90 seconds later, the other 5 wake up.

I put 8 of these barrina lights in my garage. The garage is attached, but not heated. As soon as the temp hit 0C, only 3 of the 8 light up when I hit the switch. 90 seconds later, the other 5 wake up.
Something wrong there. Leds should be instant on.

Something wrong there. Leds should be instant on.
I have a couple led fixtures in the garage that are not instant on. When you throw the main light switch, the A19's fire up instantly, the corncobs fire up about a second later and then a pole light fires up about a second after that. The barrinas are on a separate switch and fire up instantly (although the garage hasn't gone below five since I installed them).

Barrina says their lights will work to -4F, so there is a temperature where they may not work, but I would be shocked if Gary's garage was that cold. When you get access again, make sure the connectors are fully seated, they tend to get stuck when just touching and a little wiggle lets you push them in another 3/8".

GG... I made sure to completely plant all the fittings / connectors.
The lowest my thermometer read was -4C. Problem started at 0C.
5 of the 8 are lagging 90 secs right now. Temp is +2C.
As long as 3 keep coming on, it's no biggie.

Weird issue. With the led lights on, the remotes for the garage door opener don't work. Turn them off, all is good

Back
Top Bottom