Back to doing what we all love the most - Riding Motorcycles! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Back to doing what we all love the most - Riding Motorcycles!

Light cYcLe

Hello fellow bikers & forum members,

First off, this forum has been an incredible source of information for all my research as a new rider to Canada. So cheers to that and keep up the great work!

I have been riding since i was 15 years old, graduated myself through the ranks of 250 cc, 390 cc, 600 cc and just when it was time to taste what a liter bike feels like, i moved to Canada. Waited patiently for the last 5 years to get myself a ride, needless to say these 5 years have been extremely painful not having a motorcycle to call my own. However i had made a goal for myself to get a liter bike when i turn 35! (Although i still got 3 months till i turn 35). This is what lead me on to researching the motorcycle scene in Canada and came across this website. Got leads for rider training institute and even my insurance broker (M&W) through this website, amongs't a whole other list of do's and don't's here. So of course this summer was all about getting rider training done, research and shortlist bikes, go for demo days, buy riding gear one each month and finally look forward to great year end deals :)

And then finally after test riding 3 motorcycles, going through various insurance and finance quotes... it finally happened last weekend! I got myself a 2019 BMW S1000R. Super stoked and looking forward to riding and explore much of what Ontario has to offer (to begin with). The good folks at BMW Toronto offered free winter storage for the first year, to which i obliged. So its going to be a long wait till spring 2020. Looking forward to meeting much of you and riding together!

IMG-20191026-WA0046.jpg

IMG-20191026-WA0055.jpg

Thanks guys!

Damm, i didn't know Lightcycle name was already taken! Damm Tron fans :) . @Lightcycle the space in between certainly helps..lol!

The S1000R is a great street bike, plenty of oomph, comfortable and has the electronic "nannies" to safety assist , I enjoyed the BMW shift-assist on that bike. Some have complained about the traditional i-4 buzziness coming thru the handlebars but I did not find that intrusive.
Happy (and safe!) riding.

"four wheels good, two wheels better"

The S1000R is a great street bike, plenty of oomph, comfortable and has the electronic "nannies" to safety assist , I enjoyed the BMW shift-assist on that bike. Some have complained about the traditional i-4 buzziness coming thru the handlebars but I did not find that intrusive.
Happy (and safe!) riding.

"four wheels good, two wheels better"

Couldn't agree more. I have never been crazy for electronic "nannies". Although i gotto admit i never owned any motorcycle in the past with this much gadgetery! The only rider aid i ever was used to was ABS and i won't buy a bike without it. Test riding the S1000R for close to an hour did give me a sneak peek to what all these electronic trinkets do for you. Don't have much to say about rider modes and electronic suspension on this bike yet, however the quick shifter did blow my mind indeed! Calling it smooth will be an understatement. Yes, regarding the buzziness coming through bars, i read about it on S1000R owners forum and a fellow colleague who rides a S1000RR also pointed the same. I will want to experience it first before i make any mods.

The only thing that bike needs is an aftermarket windscreen. Ive spent some time on one, Im sold, I plan to own one next riding season. (y) You made the choice of owning quite possibly the best street bike ever made.

The only thing that bike needs is an aftermarket windscreen. Ive spent some time on one, Im sold, I plan to own one next riding season. (y) You made the choice of owning quite possibly the best street bike ever made.

Agreed. A Wunderlich screen is on the shopping list! Would be great to have another S1000R owner on the forum. It indeed is a great street bike. ?

Nice bike!

I ride the mild mannered brother (R1200R LC) with all the electronic nannies. You will like the active suspension, cornering abs, modes and the electronic cruise control.

There are a few s1000r owners on here. You may want to consider looking at the specific site for your bike.

BMW S1000R General Discussion - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum

These dedicated sites usually have lots of good information regarding modifications and ownership experiences.

Enjoy

Last edited:
Nice bike!

I ride the mild mannered brother (R1200R LC) with all the electronic nannies. You will like the active suspension, cornering abs, modes and the electronic cruise control.

There are a few s1000r owners on here. You may want to consider looking at the specific site for your bike.

BMW S1000R General Discussion - BMW S1000RR Forums: BMW Sportbike Forum

These dedicated sites usually have lots of good information regarding modifications and ownership experiences.

Enjoy

The R1200R is a great bike! a buddy of mine is looking to get the new R 1250 R, beautiful bike throughout.

Thanks for the lead on this owners forum, I already registered myself on the S1000R owners UK forum. Ton's of info there indeed. Have already saved some mods threads.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom