Avoid any Joe Rocket Meteor boots | GTAMotorcycle.com

Avoid any Joe Rocket Meteor boots

johnsazzr

Bought these Joe Rocket Honda Meteor Boots recently at my local Honda Dealer there were half price...apparently very old stock...they self destructed after 1 hr of use...still waiting to hear from Joe Rocket after 2 weeks...they are still kicking around at some dealers...avoid..IMG_0309.jpgIMG_0307.jpgIMG_0307.jpg

Yikes, my dad's old rear entry ski boots did that but they were decades old at the time. That gives me very little confidence in those boots providing protection.

Warranty is usually by the manufacturer, so dealer is probably washing their hands of it.

My A* boots have worn out the Velcro on the flap covering the zipper. Don't know if they would do anything.

Here’s another brand to avoid:

R29CXDF.jpg

I use those exact boots. Gonna take a close look at them right now lol

Edit: I removed bottom half of the clasp (it is attached with screws) and there were no signs of cracking where it failed on OP's pair. Mine show more wear on the leather bits than the clasp frankly.

I'm not defending "Joe Rocket"**, in fact I would say I have seen questionable gear from them in the past. Just that since mine have more than a few years on them, that the failure shown above is strange, especially if barely left the shop.

**Who is Joe Rocket these days, exactly? There is more than one company that uses that brand, and possibly has changed hands over the years. Which Joe Rocket made those boots, and is there any company around today that would actually be responsible for them? Frankly since those are from a Honda dealer and they have Honda plastered all over them, I would see about persuading them to deal with it

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom