Automatic Transmission Motocycles | GTAMotorcycle.com

Automatic Transmission Motocycles

brvhrt

A friend of mine is looking to start riding soon and to better put in my words - he is a sissy because he is looking for a bike with an Automatic Transmission. Meaning no need to change gear, the computer does it for ya, anyway to come to the point, is there any company that makes an automatic transmission for SS bikes. His older brother has a ducati 999 and he is planning on getting a Ninja ZX-14 so The 999 will fall in my friends hand who obviously does not have a lot of biking experience. I would recommend him getting a 250cc bike like I did and at times it can be tricky if the rider does not know what they are doing. So the bottom line here is - he wants to install an automatic transmission in his bike, contacted companies in the U.S who are willing to do it for him...any place in Canada that would do it? I know the idea is stupid and silly and he should just get a moped, believe you me, I am embarrassed even asking the question. So experienced riders...what are your opinions?

A 999 as a first bike, for someone who is afraid of manual transmission and is a brand new rider? Most likely that's a disaster waiting to happen.

I agree. Way to much bike. But I consider myself a noob and shifting gears is not a issue. For the record my sv650s is my first manual transmission ever.

Yeah I agree with you...I am noon myself and I am not ashamed to admit that I am riding a 250cc. I find that even on 250 there is a lot room for personal error and its about honing your skills. 999 is a heavy bike, I have ridden it once and I am glad that its not my first bike! That bike can rocket your *** into a wall, have you doing back flips and flying in the air faster than eval kanieval. Its his call...my only question is is there any place in Canada that can change a bikes transmission from manual to automatic. The guys in the US are willing to do it for $1000-2500 and they are certified mechanics/engineers.

You're friend is an idiot. Get better friends.

+1

If you even have knowledge of the fact someone wants to attempt to convert a Ducati 999 into an automatic (unless of course they are physically challenged) you deserve to be hung.

I think you should tell your buddy to MAN the F*** up and not be a B*****, and learn to ride properly on a real bike. and not a liter bike unless he plans to donate a few organs in the near future.

I did some research on google and I don't think ZX-14's come in automatic. He might have to get a Honda VFR1200 with the DCT if he wants an automatic bike.

But even that is not a beginner bike at all with the amount of power, torque and heavy curb weight it possesses.

I would suggest that your friend takes a safety course to learn about the fundamentals of gear shifting so that when his skill and experience allow him to purchase a high displacement machine, he'll be ready for it.

Back
Top Bottom