Auto Tint | GTAMotorcycle.com

Auto Tint

-Maverick-

Had my rear window retinted at a Barrie Ontario tint shop after being scorched in last summers heat...as I'm driving away from the tint shop, I look in the rear view mirror and see this green hue. My tint has a nice blue black hue to it. Needless to say, I hauled on the brakes and screamed like a girl as I really hate green. I called back to the tint shop with a WTF? "We use SunTek and if it doesn't match your tint there's nothing we can do..." said the owner.

A quick Google search brought up a BMW forum with the same complaint...SunTek tint has a uniquely green hue to it's which is not at all pleasing to the eye. In fact it's quite ugly.

Any of you guys encountered this? I now have a green hue rear window and black to blue on the rear quarter windows, side windows and sunroof and am quite ******.

It seems businesses are caring less and less these days. Why would the guy not come out and warn me that the tint wasn't going to match?

One giant WTF?!

Last edited:
That's why you pay with a credit card and dispute the charge

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

Green sounds ugly. The problem with assumptive poor service* is that the legal system is harder on the victim than the perpetrator if you try to get compensation. In the USA you could sue for five million.

* Just shove in anything. They won't notice.

Did you tell them you wanted matching?

I did, yes.

Tints are installed of the same hue with the back window slightly darker and getting progressively lighter towards the front.

Looking into it further, it appears that tint franchises push their own tint provider. And most of the franchises only carry one provider, but some carry several. The ones that carry several brands are the ones you need to go to as they will match it up perfectly. Living north of the GTA gives you these problems as the pros tend to be in and around the GTA.

I'm off to Concord tomorrow to get it put back to the way it was. But the problem with getting tint pulled off a rear window repeatedly is your rear defrost grid lines might come off with the tint.

At the very least the F-tard in Barrie should have come out and told me (and showed me with a sample) that this isn't going to match and is going to look like ****.

You know that colour when you look into a dirty creek...that green hue? That's SunTek and I'm posting this for you guys and girls to be aware of this on your travels.

Question the the business on what tint film they use and go with 3M.

I can't imagine being in business and doing this to someone's car.

Last edited:
Since they were told to match it...it's on them 100%. Hopefully the defrost doesn't get messed up.

I'm off to Concord tomorrow to get it put back to what it was. But the problem with getting tint pulled off a rear window repeatedly is your rear defrost grid lines might come off with the tint.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
Audio Heaven?

Stories like this remind me how great most of the motorcycle community is.

When I had my old GSXR powder coated by JohnnyP636, he told me straight up what I wanted wasn't something he knew exactly how to do; he could've easily lied to me and I'd have no clue. Same goes to Fawaz that's gone as far as telling me to not waste money on stupid ****.

Stories like this remind me how great most of the motorcycle community is.

When I had my old GSXR powder coated by JohnnyP636, he told me straight up what I wanted wasn't something he knew exactly how to do; he could've easily lied to me and I'd have no clue. Same goes to Fawaz that's gone as far as telling me to not waste money on stupid ****.
+1 for Fawaz calling me on dumb ****.

Back
Top Bottom