Auto show 2020, and today' sorry state of automotive. | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Auto show 2020, and today' sorry state of automotive.

The C8 is a very nice looking car.

Too bad the interior looks cramped, uncomfortable and extremely bland.

...the view out the rear window into the engine bay though. *drool*

I just found it funny that here, in this city of Panameras, Cayennes and Macans, they didn't allow people too close to the Taycan.

This is secondhand information, I didn't go

5387d2df3268362bcfddff7c1a47f95a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5387d2df3268362bcfddff7c1a47f95a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That MT news / bs was out 2+ months ago. Not even a single (non mule) unit had been built at the time.
Give the new buyers ownership of at least 6 months after the 1st service. Then we'll see if it's worthy.....or not.

I just found it funny that here, in this city of Panameras, Cayennes and Macans, they didn't allow people too close to the Taycan.

This is secondhand information, I didn't go

You just couldn't sit in it.

Beautiful car.

DzkRilm.jpg

aj30nvH.jpg

Last edited:
You just couldn't sit in it.

Beautiful car.

DzkRilm.jpg

aj30nvH.jpg
This car is a total disappointment , looks like a Panamera , the range is terrible and porsche sent out an email a few months ago lowering the range even more , priced way too high. I think this is the reason Tesla stock has done so well the last few months. If PORSCHE can’t get it right to beat Tesla no one can at this point . Better to buy a Jaguar Ipace or a Tesla over this car

I don't see it as a competitor to Tesla. It's an electric Porsche, not a me-too Tesla.

It also looks quite a bit sportier than the Panamera IMO. Doesn't have that awkward bulge in the back.

Test reports are finding that the Taycan can easily exceed the official range figure by a substantial margin. Here's an example: 2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo Real-World Range Test | Electric range, charging, how far does it go?

Why it did so dismally in the official EPA test ... don't know.

Found a better one - a straight comparison between Tesla 3 and Porsche Taycan. The Tesla had aftermarket 40mm suspension lowering (cheating!).

The Tesla 3 had a real world range only about 6% more than the Taycan and evidently they found that the lowered suspension is worth 7% at high speed (and I would consider that to be a tip for Tesla 3 owners if you do lots of high speed driving and don't need ground clearance!).

300-plus km range when driving at 150 km/h whenever possible for both cars ... License-busting territory here in Ontario ...

Porsche built a real world car. You don't have to do a NASA-esque prelaunce sequence to do a WOT run in the Taycan. And it doesn't fall flat on it's face after doing so twice.

Why Porsche needs to make every vehicle in its line-up look like a stretched out, widened and taller version of a 911 is beyond me.

I have a friend, she's gorgeous. She's the middle of three sisters and they all look alike, except the older one is taller and skinnier and her younger sister is shorter and chubbier. It's like someone Photoshopped the middle sister with the "warp" tool and the results are just not as attractive.

I agree that too many Porsche designs look derivative, with the Panamera being the most unfortunate-looking of them, but the Taycan *almost* has its own thing going and the end result is more cohesive than the Panamera or the Cayenne.

To me the Taycan looks like a parallel-universe 911 where Porsche owners have regular-sized kids and no access to gasoline. I likes it a lot.

I don't see it as a competitor to Tesla. It's an electric Porsche, not a me-too Tesla.

Its ridiculously priced. If the Porsche was at Tesla pricing levels, we could possibly have a compelling and potential winner in the electric car stakes.

I'd take the Tesla any day simply for its value, and I still believe their electrics engineering is superior as the Porsches isn't "proven"

Last edited:
Its ridiculously priced. If the Porsche was at Tesla pricing levels, we could possibly have a compelling and potential winner in the electric car stakes.

I'd take the Tesla any day simply for its value, and I still believe their electrics engineering is superior as the Porsches isn't "proven"
Some of Tesla's electrics are "proven" to break leaving you high and dry (or broke paying their extortionary prices for a replacement part required by a bad design). Obviously much of their work is great, but the emmc failures caused by tons of completely useless data logging is an embarrassment. If they wanted to be a standup company, they would be fixing them for free as the part is designed to fail no matter what the owner does to attempt to mitigate the problem.

For this reason

Why Porsche needs to make every vehicle in its line-up look like a stretched out, widened and taller version of a 911 is beyond me.

I have a friend, she's gorgeous. She's the middle of three sisters and they all look alike, except the older one is taller and skinnier and her younger sister is shorter and chubbier. It's like someone Photoshopped the middle sister with the "warp" tool and the results are just not as attractive.
DB85C641-CB7C-4EE6-89CC-ADF7EE1BF47A.jpeg[/QUOTE]

I think we may need photos of said sisters to confirm.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom