Auto show 2020, and today' sorry state of automotive. | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Auto show 2020, and today' sorry state of automotive.

Hardly a rip-off. There is only so much you can do with aerodynamics. Its either slick and pointy or a barn door. It's decided in a wind tunnel.

In my experience tail wings and spoilers can make a car a lot harder to ride over :|

based on that pic in your post. total styling rip off of Ferrari. right down to the wheels.
If you like ferrari so much, and consider the c8 deadly similar......what don't you like about the c8?
If the stingray cost $235,000 would it be better?
The kids at GM eliminated the manual transmission too, just like ferrari did about 8yrs ago.

If you like ferrari so much, and consider the c8 deadly similar......what don't you like about the c8?
The kids at GM eliminated the manual transmission too, just like ferrari did about 8yrs ago.

It's a GM product and Sunny's bias is pretty clear.

Heaven forbid they take some super-car styling cues and give enthusiasts a mid-engined monster for less than half the price of its nearest competitor.

A lot less than half price, and the first service wont cost the mortgage payment on a British castle, or a brake job for two weeks pay (if you earn 6 figures).

My beef stems from the fact GM, by designing the C8 from a "clean sheet" could have, should have come up with an inspirational design, not a rip off of a ferrari right down to the RIMS!

Look at the current NSX, its got its own style, Look at an R8, its got its own style, you know what it is by its unique looks.

The corvette? Yup, GM blew it again. and that tack on rear wing and rear styling is outright horrendous.

actually, don't click the link, when you see what a sexy stunner the Ferrari really is in all angles and inside and out, your eyes will bleeeeed.

Last edited:
The new C8 is fkn badass and the z06/zr1 versions will be insane!

0-60 test right at the start of the video, and listen to that v8 noise flowing through to the cabin.

Those guys seem friendly, but I'm not sure I would give them my car to test. Obviously they had a hiccup with their Model 3, this one had him get out with it in drive and the "stop stop stop" where they thought the curb was going to destroy the splitter.

My beef stems from that fact GM, by designing the C8 from a "clean sheet" could have, should have come up with an inspirational design, not a rip off of a ferrari right down to the RIMS!

Look at the current NSX, its got its own style, Look at an R8, its got its own style, you know what it is by its unique looks.

The corvette? Yup, GM blew it again. and that tack on rear wing and rear styling is outright horrendous.

actually, don't click the link, when you see what a sexy stunner the Ferrari really is in all angles and inside and out, your eyes will bleed.
Lol.
GM put a crazy (north american) looking / performing car together in the c7. You hate that.
Now it looks european. You hate that.
I'm not a fan of the c8 LOOK either.
As for performance.......it's looking very impressive for a base model power plant, tied to some decent working suspension bits.

Nsx? So much style, nobody buys them. C8....ALL allocations filled, with waiting lists, and it's only been in production about 2 weeks.
Ferrari? The only thing about a ferrari that's gonna make my eyes bleed, is the initial cost difference, and the difference in maintenance costs from a c7/c8.

The C8 will sell well as it will capture sales from Porsche and BMW but mostly from other domestic high performance cars like then Mustang etc.

The C8 is very much on a similar strategy of the Honda Gold Wing targeting a younger buyer and not their existing customers.

However they will wisely continue production of the C7 for the traditional Corvette buyers.

The reality of the market and dwindling interest in high performance cars is that the best selling Porsche is no longer a 911 or Boxter but their Macan (SUV)

Long Live the 911 (56 years after launch)

The reality of the market and dwindling interest in high performance cars is that the best selling Porsche is no longer a 911 or Boxter but their Macan (SUV)

that's exactly why they made the suv, so they could generate more business and keep bettering the sports cars and racing
everyone is giving in, even Ferrari is said to be bringing an suv lol

you were getting 0-60 in 2.8 like that?
That's exactly the situation the computers should be able to beat a human. Vary engine torque to keep the front wheel with zero weight on it and you hit the fastest time possible.

2.8, on these streets with my unprofessional ass? Unlikely. I was playing cat and mouse easily with a p100d and at the end he pulled up and said my ride had one of the better off the line pulls he's seen yet.

I work in the automotive industry. I drive cheap cars. The one I have now has something that is getting hard to find ... an old fashioned row-it-yourself gearbox. And no nannies aside from ABS and stability control.

The expensive stuff might be faster but there is nothing requiring more driver involvement while staying within posted speed limits (ish) than a non turbo Fiat 500 with manual transmission, and those are off the market now because everyone wants bigger faster fancier ... and then plods along slowly while yapping on the phone anyhow. The Fiat needs the gearbox rowed to get up a steep hill. It needs a little bit of planning on a motorway on ramp (take the corner on the ramp as fast as possible and in the right gear). It's happy and comfortable at 110 km/h and doesn't lure the driver into doing more by being too quiet. Roof goes down if the weather's right, too. And for me ... it's better that way. I think it's invisible to cops, too.

No, I don't want a Honda.
I like everything you said here except for anything about the Fiat. Had one as a rental and while it was fine for that and I might enjoy booting around town in one for a day here and there, I wouldn't want to own one.

Back
Top Bottom