ATV's - where are the new ones? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

ATV's - where are the new ones?

I have a few friends that buy all of their BRP stuff (ATVs, Sleds, SeaDoos) from Liam (Owner) Chris Petraitus (Sales) at Gateway Power Sports up in Peterborough for 10 years now. Always great service by the sounds of it.

Last edited:
@Mad Mike I was at Georgian Bay Yamaha today and asked about ATV’s. They have no inventory right now but the salesman told me he thinks they have a few Kodiak 450’s coming in next month if your still looking. I dealt with Shannon, he was cool to deal with.

@Mad Mike I was at Georgian Bay Yamaha today and asked about ATV’s. They have no inventory right now but the salesman told me he thinks they have a few Kodiak 450’s coming in next month if your still looking. I dealt with Shannon, he was cool to deal with.
I ended up ordering one, nobody has the one I wanted in stock. Bought it in Cochrane, that’s the local dealer to where I’ll keep it.

I figure support local and they will support you. May 1 delivery.

I ended up ordering one, nobody has the one I wanted in stock. Bought it in Cochrane, that’s the local dealer to where I’ll keep it.

I figure support local and they will support you. May 1 delivery.
Picked her up.38E652CD-245A-46B2-8074-6FF1086FE25E.jpeg

Got an itch for an ATV this weekend. Mucked around in the snow on one and remembered this thread.

Is it reasonable to get a used mid-size ATV for <6k nowadays?

Got an itch for an ATV this weekend. Mucked around in the snow on one and remembered this thread.

Is it reasonable to get a used mid-size ATV for <6k nowadays?
Covid pricing is crazy. My neighbour has a honda 300 (ish, I could be wrong) ~10 years old that he would probably sell for less than that. He uses it to get the mail in the summer. He used to be a farmer so he brought it with him but it gets very little use now.

Thinking of being somewhere in the 500-750 range. Is it like motorcycles where a 300cc is just too small to take me and my kid for a ride in the woods surrounding wasaga?

Thinking of being somewhere in the 500-750 range. Is it like motorcycles where a 300cc is just too small to take me and my kid for a ride in the woods surrounding wasaga?
300/350 hondas are workhorses. Very little smiles. Years of reliable service doing whatever you need.

Personally, I have absolutely no love for ATV's. I haven't ridden a sport ATV but I have ridden lots of utility ATV's. Solid meh. No joy for me regardless of engine size.

Good luck taking the kid for a ride. You need an ATV constructed to legally hold two riders now. Add-on seats don't count. Kid between your legs doesn't count. One official manufacturer seat per person required (maybe only on roads but not on trails? more research required). Fun police rule simcoe county. The overwhelming majority of ATV's are one person models. To add complication, if an ATV is constructed to carry a passenger, according to the off-road vehicle act, it is not considered an off-road vehicle. Basically buy a UTV to take the kid. Even more boring and a crapton more money.

Last edited:
Should not be a problem, but you're probably looking at a Kawi or Arctic Cat in that CC and price range. I can understand the Cats depreciating -- they can be expensive to maintain, but I never understood why KAWIs depreciated.

The best ATV I've ever owned is the KAWI 750 brute force, there's one on Kijiji with about 1000km, and comes with a plow for $6K.

Been trying to find a mid size ATV, nobody has stock on anything but the base models and crazy high end stuff? I've never bought one before - is it like this every spring or is this another COVID thing? I need something for the spring, dealers will take my order but can't give me a definitive delivery date.

Trying to find a new 570 Polaris Trail or Can Am Outlander XT or XMR. Has been a brutal experience, is there a secret to this?
It took over 3 months to get my 21 570 ordered from Edge Performance in Bradford and picked up a 21 570 with 180km on Kijiji. Its actually a really fun Machine for just a 570. The Red one I picked up for $9000 witch I think was reasonable.

Attachments

• 20211227_150957.jpg
    20211227_150957.jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20210805_181224.jpg
    20210805_181224.jpg
    546.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
It took over 3 months to get my 21 570 ordered from Edge Performance in Bradford and picked up a 21 570 with 180km on Kijiji. Its actually a really fun Machine for just a 570. The Red one I picked up for $9000 witch I think was reasonable.
They are great machines. I picked up a 570 Trail this spring. First time I've had one with power steering -- game changer.

Covid sent the sales of all types of powersports products through the roof.
ATVs, UTVs, Watercraft, Snow Machines, off road motorcycles experienced incredible sales last year.
I expect the supply chain is pretty sparse right now.
What size and type of machine are you looking for ?
and construction supplies.

I ordered a dozen garage doors last Sept for my Townhouse project. I was told maybe April but now they tell me July (maybe)

and construction supplies.

I ordered a dozen garage doors last Sept for my Townhouse project. I was told maybe April but now they tell me July (maybe)
Was 4-5 months for our garage doors on our new house. Then my SIL drove into one of them within the first year so after waiting another 4 months for a new door they called to say the wrong panels showed up so they have to reorder. That was 3 months ago…..

They are great machines. I picked up a 570 Trail this spring. First time I've had one with power steering -- game changer.
Mad Mike do you still have your 570? if so any issues? Still have the 2 and no major issues but had some condensation in display but went away other then that all good.

Cheers!

Mad Mike do you still have your 570? if so any issues? Still have the 2 and no major issues but had some condensation in display but went away other then that all good.

Cheers!
I have the 570 and an older 700.

The 700 has 6000km. I replaced the exhaust header, Hall effect speed sensor and the crap Ducati ignition. Plus normal stuff like joints and drive shafts.

The 570 has 1800 km, it’s had a wiring harness failure (now a recall item) that fried the fuel pump and ECU. 570s all benefit from an upgrade to the clutch housing vent, they are notorious for inhaling spray from the rear tires when running fast in the wet. When this happens, the drive belt spins and the bike won’t move until heat from the clutch evaporates the inhaled water - 30/60 minutes of idling.

Bought a polaris sportsman 570 Eps in 2018. Had 1 u joint replaced under warranty...NO OTHER ISSUES....none....nada...6500km on the odo now..I grease the wheel bearings and Chassis once a yr, and oil and air filter maintenance...you can't beat the ride on these machines due to the struts on the front. If I bought a new one it would be a sportsman 850 2 up...

I have the 570 and an older 700.

The 700 has 6000km. I replaced the exhaust header, Hall effect speed sensor and the crap Ducati ignition. Plus normal stuff like joints and drive shafts.

The 570 has 1800 km, it’s had a wiring harness failure (now a recall item) that fried the fuel pump and ECU. 570s all benefit from an upgrade to the clutch housing vent, they are notorious for inhaling spray from the rear tires when running fast in the wet. When this happens, the drive belt spins and the bike won’t move until heat from the clutch evaporates the inhaled water - 30/60 minutes of idling.
Right on glad to hear, I only have just under 500km on both 570's one has the recall I need to get done. I will look into the clutch vent upgrade on both of them. So far I have been enjoying them, will be doing more km as will buy a trail pas next season. Wife is really enjoyng them as she is new to atv's.

Cheers!

Bought a polaris sportsman 570 Eps in 2018. Had 1 u joint replaced under warranty...NO OTHER ISSUES....none....nada...6500km on the odo now..I grease the wheel bearings and Chassis once a yr, and oil and air filter maintenance...you can't beat the ride on these machines due to the struts on the front. If I bought a new one it would be a sportsman 850 2 up...
The 570 ride and handling are superior to the older 700s, and the EPS is IMHO opinion a must for any new machine. The 570 has a rough life - it plows a lot of snow, and spends a lot of time deep in the bush.

The 700 is 80lbs lighter, has about the same HP, but has a lot more torque and pulling power. If you chained them back to back, the 700 would pull the 570 around like a puppy dog on a leash.

Back
Top Bottom