Art Robbins | GTAMotorcycle.com

Art Robbins

TK4

Unsubstantiated rumour - Art Robbins, a superhero of 1980s Canadian road racing passed away yesterday.
He'd carried his own share of substance problems for years, when last heard from he was living on the streets with his dog in the West Hill area.
Whatever his demons were, they are laid to rest....

I grew up around '80's racing, and often and wondered what ever happened to him. Even 30 years ago there was lots of stories about his substance abuse and this doesn't surprise me. Every once in a while, every couple years I'd wonder to myself. Now maybe we know. Too bad when any human winds up in that life.

It turns out that the announcement of Art's demise was premature. He's in very bad shape, but alive in ICU at Scarborough Centenary Hospital.

Last edited:
Heartbreaking. I saw him run his first super bike race at Shannonville. He rode a red 1980 Suzuki GS1100 just like the one I had. He easily won the Ameteur Superbike race and as was customary at the time, they would let the top 10 amateur riders run the Pro Superbike race to fill the grid. To everyone’s astonishment he ran most of the race in second place , right behind Lang Hindle who was riding a full on factory Kawasaki. Some of the best racing I’ve ever seen was between Hindle and Robbins at Shannonville.

Last edited:
For those of you that don’t know who Art Robbins is . I watched this being filmed at Shannonville in 82.

Unsubstantiated rumour - Art Robbins, a superhero of 1980s Canadian road racing passed away yesterday.
He'd carried his own share of substance problems for years, when last heard from he was living on the streets with his dog in the West Hill area.
Whatever his demons were, they are laid to rest....
Last I heard was that he was a “person of interest” in a murder case a few years back.

Update - he in ICU Scarborough Centenary Hospital. His current condition is unknown.

Back
Top Bottom