Are those tires still good for another season | GTAMotorcycle.com

Are those tires still good for another season

dragonrider

Guys, I got my bike used and just wonder if I need to change the tires for next season. I can't find wear bar on the tires. They are Pirelli stock for R6. Also attached a couple pics. Advice will be really appreciated.
masade3y.jpg

a7u6ymut.jpg
gu7asy8u.jpg

Keep riding until you see the cords.

Thanks man. How can you tell?

The center of the tire is wearing down and the sides ( chicken strips) there is lots of life left.

As mentioned earlier, they will suffice for the rest of this season but come next spring look for a new set. ( or at least a rear)

There's quite a defined angle that shows the center of the tire is pretty flat/worn. You can finish the rest of this season as long as you keep in mind that your tire will not operate to its full capabilities anymore.

Aside from oil changes, tires are the next most common thing you will be replacing on a sport bike.
Get used to the idea of buying a new rear pretty much every season.

Generally you can use one front to every 2 rears.

They liked going in straight lines, that rear is seriously squared off. I use more of the tire on my wee then they did lol.

As other have said the tires will be fine for the rest of this season but the rear is very close to end of life. I would personally replace them in the spring when your bike come out of storage. Be aware the bike will turn in much different when you get tires that are more.....round on it.

Those look like car tires. Quite worn-down (flat) in the center. That would suggest previous owner hardly ever got the bike leaned over, or did a TON of highway riding. Finish off the season (careful on colder pavement) and replace for spring. You'll love new ROUND tires.

When buying new tires, consider what you'll be doing with the bike. Dual Compound touring tire would be best with a harder compound down the center to help prolong the life of the tire over lots of highway and mostly 'upright' riding.

Thanks for the replies guys. I will probably get dual compound as it seems a good compromise.

The center of the tire is wearing down and the sides ( chicken strips) there is lots of life left.
You could do a couple track days with that still.

/sarcasm

Tip for finding wear bars: they are marked on the sidewall with small arrows, pointers, or triangles.

Back
Top Bottom