Are 600SS truly a dying breed? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Are 600SS truly a dying breed?

For me it’s just that the class is stale like others have mentioned. I think it’s been 5 years or a little more since I’ve had a 600ss and there isn’t anything out there interesting enough that I want to go buy one

The new Aprilia RS660 has a shot. A little down on power to comparable 600’s but to me a twin in the class is at least something different.

On that line of thinking I wish Yamaha had of made a SS with their 900 triple. That would’ve been cool.

Speaking of bikes like the CBR650F. Yamaha please make a super sport based on the FZ07 like the FZ07R track bikes. I want good components and would pay $11,500 for it tomorrow to replace my gf’s R3, I think they can do it for a $3000 premium over the FZ07. She’s on my case about a R6 and I’m not ready to go down that road with her yet.
Why not a street triple?

Triple engine
Sport bike
Race bits

Why not a street triple?

Triple engine
Sport bike
Race bits

No fairings....I'm serious lol. She will only entertain sport bikes or supermotos, I've offered to help her buy plenty of naked bikes.

She rides mx/off road with me so has a pretty solid riding background. Problem with the sumo's is she started riding on the street on my KTM 450 so she only wants a converted 450 which I do not feel like maintaining as a only bike. 600's are faster then I want her dealing with.

Thought of building a street FZ07R myself. We will see what next season brings her way.

No fairings....I'm serious lol. She will only entertain sport bikes or supermotos, I've offered to help her buy plenty of naked bikes.

She rides mx/off road with me so has a pretty solid riding background. Problem with the sumo's is she started riding on the street on my KTM 450 so she only wants a converted 450 which I do not feel like maintaining as a only bike. 600's are faster then I want her dealing with.

Thought of building a street FZ07R myself. We will see what next season brings her way.
But..it is a sport bike. ? and it does have kinda fairings and a belly pan option iirc.

Anywho, anything at that cc is 100hp so I would say performance is relative.

If anything id say the race bike is better since you have to rev it out. Unless she has no self control on her wrists, then yeah.. 300km/hr incoming

Insurance on a Triumph Street Tripe is high
And they black listed a ninja 1000SX but not the MT10 or S1000XR or S1000R...Yada yadda.

Those clowns don't have a clue.

The Street Triple is a truly fantastic motorcycle overall. So much so that i didn't even try the Speed Triple that i was supposed to after i test rode the Street. However, yes as mentioned already the insurance rates are high on the Triumph. I was quoted same rate for Street Triple and the S1000R.

The Street Triple is a truly fantastic motorcycle overall. So much so that i didn't even try the Speed Triple that i was supposed to after i test rode the Street. However, yes as mentioned already the insurance rates are high on the Triumph. I was quoted same rate for Street Triple and the S1000R.

It was my upgrade path from a SV650 until I found out the insurance for it.

I dont get why it is soo $$$$$$$

Back
Top Bottom