Arden Rd, N of 7, Buckshot Lake Rd (off highway 41 along Mazinaw Lake), 509 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Arden Rd, N of 7, Buckshot Lake Rd (off highway 41 along Mazinaw Lake), 509

jc100

So there were some big roadworks on Arden Rd that leads N from Tamworth to highway 7 but these apparently are now finished. I didn’t take this road today but I stopped at a motorcycle friendly food stop in Tamworth called the River Bakery (great sandwiches!) and chatted to the new owners. They are friendly folk who also own and ride bikes. They said the road was completed. I’ll take a look next time I’m out that way. This is a classic road in this area and some side roads also offer lots of fun for dual sports and ADV bikes. If it has a new surface it will be well worth the trip.

I headed up to Kaladar instead on highway 41 then north along Mazinaw Lake, then to Venechar along Buckshot Lake Rd and eventually Ompah/Plevna and the 509 back to Highway 7.

Reasonable amount of sand on Buckshot Lake Rd but it’s 99% on the edges. The 509 is in perfect condition and it’s still one of my favourite roads in the area.

Hardly any traffic up this way and not that many potholes or heaves.

Thanks for the update. Did you have a look at 16 S. Levant Rd, that runs from 509 to 511?

They were doing work on it last year so hopefully also complete.

I didn’t get that way unfortunately. I started off down S Lavant at the 509 junction then doubled back as I wanted to get home by 5ish. What little I did was ok but I hardly got any distance down there.

Does anyone know if the construction is complete on Ardoch and S Lavant? I'm heading up to Bogie tomorrow for a few days.

Looked like there was work on Centennial Lake Road 65 last weekend. I ended up turning back at the gravel section.
I remember it being just 10 foot sections of gravel a couple of weeks ago. I'm going to try it again soon.

I haven't been on South Lavant since last year. That might also be worth a try.

Looked like there was work on Centennial Lake Road 65 last weekend. I ended up turning back at the gravel section.
I remember it being just 10 foot sections of gravel a couple of weeks ago. I'm going to try it again soon.

I haven't been on South Lavant since last year. That might also be worth a try.
What the hell!? When I was on Centennial Lake last year it was one of the roads in the best condition, it was as close to tarmac as you could get for a public road.

Was it hard packed or was it like a sandy beach with stones?

What the hell!? When I was on Centennial Lake last year it was one of the roads in the best condition, it was as close to tarmac as you could get for a public road.

Was it hard packed or was it like a sandy beach with stones?
This was from mid-July:
2022 Day Trips!

The first stretch of gravel seemed longer, but it might have been the car ahead of me barrelling through and stirring up a lot of dust.

I ended up heading down to the dam instead, with a bunch of 4x4's chasing me.
OPP were parked down by the dam, and as I was leaving an ambulance came down.
Watch for 4x4's in the area, it seemed infested last weekend, road and offroad.

So there's only a small section of Centennial Lake that's being worked on and it looks like they'll be completely finished very very soon.

S Lavant.....I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's as bad if not worse than Southwood 13. Only the last quarter from Lavant Mill road to 511 is decent, honestly I'll probably never ride that road again until they properly resurface it, all they did was fill the holes with tar.

Only did a short ride yesterday because the weather was pretty crap, so today I'm going to explore the roads south of hwy 7 because I've never ridden any of them.

This site shows road construction and closures. Not sure how often it’s updated and of course as with anything of this nature, ymmv. No pun intended.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Last edited:
This site shows road construction and closures. Not sure how often it’s updated and of course as with anything updates of this nature, ymmv. No pun intended.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com
Cheers 🍻

"So there's only a small section of Centennial Lake that's being worked on and it looks like they'll be completely finished very very soon"

Done! .

Back
Top Bottom