Anything to see up past Barrie? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anything to see up past Barrie?

• Thread starter Deleted member 50930
  • Start date
This thread is winning.

If you are planning on going this weekend, I wouldn't. Tons of entitled knobs and a heavy police presence. I would explore away from the hordes.

Nothing past Kitchener or Cobourg either.
Best to stay home lest you fall off the edge.

Depends how far you are willing to go.
Great roads from Sault Ste. Marie to Thunder Bay.

Henrietta's bakery in Dwight.

Lots of secondary roads that run along rivers, lakes & rocks, rather than through them.

Hell no, once you leave the centre of the universe there is ilterally nothing, or is there, it will open your mind.

Nope, nothing there. Massive icewall surrounding the GTA, black hole beyond that in all directions. Anyone telling you otherwise is in on the conspiracy.

More seriously, shanekingsley has a good route in the Cruising section.

This thread is winning.

If you are planning on going this weekend, I wouldn't. Tons of entitled knobs and a heavy police presence. I would explore away from the hordes.
+1 traditionally the 400 is an unpleasant hellscape on long weekends

+1 traditionally the 400 is an unpleasant hellscape on long weekends
I guess people no longer recognize or remember the hellscape that was 48,12,69, before the 400 came along.

There is a classic "ladder rung" of good roads that run between 400 and 11 north of Barrie. You'd ride up one the Hwys, then deke onto one of the "rungs" that eventually pops out to the other Hwy. The you slab a bit further north, then deke back onto another road that pops out the other side.

Roads like:

Big Chute (not really a rung, starts at Coldwater ends up at 400 again)
Bala to Gravenhurst (38 -> 169)
Bracebridge to Foots Bay back to 400 (118 -> 169)
Hayes Corner to Allensville (141)
South Parry to Elmsdale (518)
And then if you were feeling particularly Olympic, you can hit 520 from Bucks Falls to Magnetawan

You could make a really nice long dawn-to-dusk day out of this ride, then slab it back to the GTA on one of the Hwys just before the sun sets.

Anything to see up past Barrie?
Help people help you:

What are you looking for - scenic cruising roads or twisty roads, scenic spots to stop, food, something else?
How far past Barrie - day ride, overnight, multi day?

Back
Top Bottom