Anyone Work in Trades? Tell Me About Your Journey! | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone Work in Trades? Tell Me About Your Journey!

@MaksTO my personal opinion is to start in inside sales of some capacity. Retail sales is ok, but inside sales can open up lots of doors also.

I believe that it’s typically inside sales - outside sales - account management - area management that is a typical pathway.

Plus the most important aspect of ANY role is simple…,NETWORK NETWORK NETWORK and keep your name clean. If people can rely on you, that’ll help out more than anything else. My last few jobs I got literally because people knew they could count on me and reached out to me. I haven’t looked for a job in 10 years but I’ve switched roles / companies 4 times. Being in consulting helps as that’s 3 projects I worked in where I was exposed to a huge amount of people in different companies and industries.

Plus the most important aspect of ANY role is simple…,NETWORK NETWORK NETWORK and keep your name clean.
Absolutely, you'd be surprised how many can't do this as they are not "people" people, being friendly and able to talk to anyone with ease is a gift and it will serve you well.

this is true, but it's also a requirement to have something useful to say
B2B sales requires expertise, it's not all golf and free lunches
at least not for long
As people we sell ourselves everyday. To perfect it might take some reading and hanging with people who are doing what you want to do

Create positive habits and learn what personality people are and then you will be moving toward success in your field

Just stumbled upon this... Thought Y'all might get a chuckle...

View attachment 50297
Man I wish I got into safety. Salaries blow at the start but if you’re good enough, and have the connections…buddy of mine was cranking 400k/year as the safety manager on our site…

Man I wish I got into safety. Salaries blow at the start but if you’re good enough, and have the connections…buddy of mine was cranking 400k/year as the safety manager on our site…
What site would that be?

Back
Top Bottom