anyone with statefarm? age 21-24? | GTAMotorcycle.com

anyone with statefarm? age 21-24?

elton_t

anyone with statefarm who's 21-24 with a SS bike?? i just want to know how much does it cost a year i heard really great things from them I can put the policy on hold during winter to save money, that's almost like seasonal insurance!

I got a quote from duffy $2500/yr, i think statefarm would be a lot cheaper considering i can hold the policy during winter.

whats you guys rate with statefarm?

i own a R6.

Last edited:
You can put the policy on hold? I'm with statefarm but I'm 30 and ride a non ss sport bike just want to know cuz if you can, I want to do the same

yes but according to the sticky thread, the total for the month of Nov-Mar is a merely 12%. Though you can hold it for more months say 5 or 6 then you can further reduce your premium and you can keep fire and theft in the policy while it is on hold. My friend literally switches his bike insurance to car when winter comes, then switch it back to the bike in summer.

If I were you I would talk to him again and see if your on the same page about seasonal insurance as I would guess that you will get minimal discount for taking your insurance off during the winter.
Why didn't you take a couple mins and call State Farm?
Everyones insurance if different with age, bike size, bike type, license class, driving record.....

If I were you I would talk to him again and see if your on the same page about seasonal insurance as I would guess that you will get minimal discount for taking your insurance off during the winter.
Why didn't you take a couple mins and call State Farm?
Everyones insurance if different with age, bike size, bike type, license class, driving record.....

Of course i did call statefarm, i wouldnt waste my time waiting for someone to respond here. I am only licensed for 4 years, they require 5 years of experience from G1. I am asking so I know if I am getting a much better deal compared to duffy. I dont mind waiting for a year for better and cheaper rate.

Of course i did call statefarm, i wouldnt waste my time waiting for someone to respond here. I am only licensed for 4 years, they require 5 years of experience from G1. I am asking so I know if I am getting a much better deal compared to duffy. I dont mind waiting for a year for better and cheaper rate.

And that licensed they only count g1 = 1 year and g2 = 1 year no matter how long you have had them. (So technically you need your G for 3 years)
And there big discount is 25 and older or if you bring your car insurance to them.
I'm 29 so I'm past your age bracket but with them w/o my car its $117/month and with my car I pay $70/month.

yes but according to the sticky thread, the total for the month of Nov-Mar is a merely 12%. Though you can hold it for more months say 5 or 6 then you can further reduce your premium and you can keep fire and theft in the policy while it is on hold. My friend literally switches his bike insurance to car when winter comes, then switch it back to the bike in summer.

I have no idea what you are trying to accomplish here -- if you take your bike off insurance for November to March, you are saving 12% of your annual premium. This is the MAX you can save by taking ALL coverages off your bike (including Fire/Theft). Agents generally will not write a Comp-only vehicle -- if they do, they're probably breaking the Underwriting rules set by State Farm. Of course, if you're willing to give up April and October, you will save more money (but then you are also giving up some good riding . . . this October is awesome).

I have no idea what you are trying to accomplish here -- if you take your bike off insurance for November to March, you are saving 12% of your annual premium. This is the MAX you can save by taking ALL coverages off your bike (including Fire/Theft). Agents generally will not write a Comp-only vehicle -- if they do, they're probably breaking the Underwriting rules set by State Farm. Of course, if you're willing to give up April and October, you will save more money (but then you are also giving up some good riding . . . this October is awesome).

I stated very clearly only 12% and I knew it. I am trying to compare the price with duffy. I never said I will give up winter nor april/oct at this moment.

And that licensed they only count g1 = 1 year and g2 = 1 year no matter how long you have had them. (So technically you need your G for 3 years)
And there big discount is 25 and older or if you bring your car insurance to them.
I'm 29 so I'm past your age bracket but with them w/o my car its $117/month and with my car I pay $70/month.

It doesn't matter...... as long as you have had your licensed for 5 years from G1, at least this is through my agent. But thanks.

Last edited:
you can keep fire and theft in the policy while it is on hold. My friend literally switches his bike insurance to car when winter comes, then switch it back to the bike in summer.

I stated very clearly only 12% and I knew it. I am trying to compare the price with duffy. I never said I will give up winter nor april/oct at this moment.

What Viffer was saying was you can't take your insurance off and keep just fire and theft.
And if your friend is doing what you are saying then he is ripping himself off, So if he pays say $2400 for the year and removes it for the winter, He has no fire or theft on his bike and owes the full premium minus the 12% so when he takes his insurance off he owes them $512.

It doesn't matter...... as long as you have had your licensed for 5 years from G1, at least this is through my agent. But thanks.

You might want to check again because say you have had your G1 for 3 years and G2 for 2 years that isn't 5 years experience

What Viffer was saying was you can't take your insurance off and keep just fire and theft.
And if your friend is doing what you are saying then he is ripping himself off, So if he pays say $2400 for the year and removes it for the winter, He has no fire or theft on his bike and owes the full premium minus the 12% so when he takes his insurance off he owes them $512.

$2400 - 12% = saving money = ripping off?

Nevermind. Out of topic.

Last edited:
$2400 - 12% = saving money = ripping off?

Nevermind. Out of topic.

$2400/year = $200/month
8 months at $200/month = $1600 = $800 owing
12% of $2400 = $288
$800 - $288 = $512 = $512 is left owing when you cancel your policy for the winter =.....saving money?

You should learn how motorcycle insurance works, I understand that newb's always think they are correct and don't want to take advice from people that have experience because someone else told them differently and you might have not understood them correctly but Viffer is one to listen to as this is what he practically does for a living.

Anyways, Good luck and hopefully you don't complain when it doesn't work out like you thought it would.

$2400/year = $200/month
8 months at $200/month = $1600 = $800 owing
12% of $2400 = $288
$800 - $288 = $512 = $512 is left owing when you cancel your policy for the winter =.....saving money?

You should learn how motorcycle insurance works, I understand that newb's always think they are correct and don't want to take advice from people that have experience because someone else told them differently and you might have not understood them correctly but Viffer is one to listen to as this is what he practically does for a living.

Anyways, Good luck and hopefully you don't complain when it doesn't work out like you thought it would.

Lol. LOL.

$2400 - $288 = $2112.

This is not saving money. I get it!! I get it!! whatever you say boss.

Why dont you pay $2400 and I will pay my $2192 then.

Last edited:
Lol. LOL.

$2400 - $288 = $2112.

This is not saving money but a ripped off. I get it!! I get it!! Say whatever you like boss.

Yes that is what I said you save $288 but you have no insurance (No fire or theft) for 4 months?
What I am trying to point out is when your policy is done at the end of the 8 months you have paid $1600 and as you said you pay $2112 of premium.
So where does that extra $512 come from? You have to pay it when you cancel your insurance. That is what I was trying to explain.
Yes I understand you don't have to pay the $288 but I personally would pay it and have my full insurance on the bike for the winter.

Yes that is what I said you save $288 but you have no insurance (No fire or theft) for 4 months?
What I am trying to point out is when your policy is done at the end of the 8 months you have paid $1600 and as you said you pay $2112 of premium.
So where does that extra $512 come from? You have to pay it when you cancel your insurance. That is what I was trying to explain.
Yes I understand you don't have to pay the $288 but I personally would pay it and have my full insurance on the bike for the winter.

I got used to paying the full amount up front for bike insurance so I would benefit from the savings. I will cut down march as well so total of 16% savings. I rather pay for the months that I actually ride.

Have you taken into account that agents use the word "continuous" when they quote a policy to you? If you are cancelling policies every year then you do not have continuous coverage and it could cost you next year when you get the rate

Hey yea yea. But the rate stays the same until I hit age 25. And by that time I probably wont be in Canada, leaving this high insurance country. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom