Anyone want to buy a Herman Miller Aeron Chair? Group Buy | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone want to buy a Herman Miller Aeron Chair? Group Buy

Sushii

Site Supporter
Anyone looking for a Aeron chair? I can get the chairs for bout $900 all in but i was wondering if theres anyone else interested so i can make the price cheaper.

I'm looking at the fully loaded one.

http://goo.gl/ibU6I.

Please PM or reply if interested.

There are competitive options that are less expensive. The Aeron is a nice product but you can get a lot of chair for less. Check out Nightingale Chair 6200CXO (not my favourite people but it is a good product), Allseating has the CPOD, ErgoCentric has the AirCentric. All companies are located in Mississuaga and you can walk in and try out their product. ErgoCentric even has a retail store at Hurontario and Britannia. All the chairs I have suggested are built right here in the GTA too!

There are competitive options that are less expensive. The Aeron is a nice product but you can get a lot of chair for less. Check out Nightingale Chair 6200CXO (not my favourite people but it is a good product), Allseating has the CPOD, ErgoCentric has the AirCentric. All companies are located in Mississuaga and you can walk in and try out their product. ErgoCentric even has a retail store at Hurontario and Britannia. All the chairs I have suggested are built right here in the GTA too!

Thanks but you also have to keep in mind that the Aeron also has a 12 year warranty that covers a lot of things. So in the long run i believe its a better investment.

Thanks but you also have to keep in mind that the Aeron also has a 12 year warranty that covers a lot of things. So in the long run i believe its a better investment.

Ok, I understand that and I am assuming you have sat in the Aeron for more than a few minutes. Most office seating manufacturers offer very reasonable warranty periods as a standard practice.

I have 15 years in the furniture industry and my specialty is office seating. I have no financial gain by your choice regardless of what it is, I just think that the Aeron chair is far over priced for what you are really getting. It's your $$$ so I don't really care how you spend it. You aren't buying a warranty you are buying a chair. Your body will change in the next 12 years and the chair will not quite 'fit' you in that time. Buy what fits you now. What delivers the best comfort and what fits your budget. The offerings I mentioned are competing products, no different than motorcycle brands. You can get two of each of the ones I mentioned for the same money.

Other than the fact that the Aeron is cool looking what do you like about it? What do you dislike about it?

Last edited:
At my last full time job, I received a brand new Aeron chair for my office. Wonderful piece of furniture. I should've taken it with when I left.

Ok, I understand that and I am assuming you have sat in the Aeron for more than a few minutes. Most office seating manufacturers offer very reasonable warranty periods as a standard practice.

I have 15 years in the furniture industry and my specialty is office seating. I have no financial gain by your choice regardless of what it is, I just think that the Aeron chair is far over priced for what you are really getting. It's your $$$ so I don't really care how you spend it. You aren't buying a warranty you are buying a chair. Your body will change in the next 12 years and the chair will not quite 'fit' you in that time. Buy what fits you now. What delivers the best comfort and what fits your budget. The offerings I mentioned are competing products, no different than motorcycle brands. You can get two of each of the ones I mentioned for the same money.

Other than the fact that the Aeron is cool looking what do you like about it? What do you dislike about it?

I checked out the chairs you suggested and here are my opinion.

Nightingale Chair 6200CXO: Almost the same price as the Aeron.
CPOD: Even more expensive.ErgoCentric AirCentric: Almost same price when fully loaded.

I'm sure they perform the same but for the same amount of money i'd rather buy something thats been around for decades and a very nice warranty (They'll cover shipping both ways to have the chair serviced and Gabriel Ross is also a authorized HM dealership where they will send a company (forgot which) to pick up the chair, all free of charge).

Last edited:
I checked out the chairs you suggested and here are my opinion.

Nightingale Chair 6200CXO: Almost the same price as the Aeron.
CPOD: Even more expensive.ErgoCentric AirCentric: Almost same price when fully loaded.

I'm sure they perform the same but for the same amount of money i'd rather buy something thats been around for decades and a very nice warranty (They'll cover shipping both ways to have the chair serviced and Gabriel Ross is also a authorized HM dealership where they will send a company (forgot which) to pick up the chair, all free of charge).

You have been checking out dealer list prices. Contact a dealer in person before you buy online. The dealer discounts are ridiculous in this business - upwards of 50%. Contact a Herman Miller dealer too if you have settled on the Aeron. This is a purchase you want to make face to face. At those costs the margins are huge.

i had to buy these years back for all my traders, i sat in one and tried to use it, but wasn't for me, they all swear by it...it's got a lot of hype and marketing behind it honestly...nice chairs, don't get me wrong, but not as comfortable as others that were cheaper...everyones body is different...shop around, you can get them cheaper than that...or hopefully a few other folks on here will go in with you on a group buy, cuz that helps...

Back
Top Bottom