Anyone use Public Mobile? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone use Public Mobile?

Lightcycle

Rounder of bolts, Dropper of tools
Site Supporter
I need to upgrade my dad from his old no-SIM-flip-phone to a smartphone. He only uses it for emergency calls or when he's running late for something (which is never), so I'm looking for the cheapest plan out there. Voice only, no data.

Public Mobile has a $10/month plan, 50 minutes, 50 txts which is perfect.

Just wondering if anyone uses Public Mobile. What's the service quality like? Outages? Coverage is no problem since he never strays outside the 416.

They have a program which knocks $$$ off your monthly plan. For example, automatic billing saves you $2/month. Being a long-time customer saves you $1/month for every year you've been a customer. And if you provide tech support on their community forums, they will knock a little off your bill as well.

How well does this program work?

I need to upgrade my dad from his old no-SIM-flip-phone to a smartphone. He only uses it for emergency calls or when he's running late for something (which is never), so I'm looking for the cheapest plan out there. Voice only, no data.

Public Mobile has a $10/month plan, 50 minutes, 50 txts which is perfect.

Just wondering if anyone uses Public Mobile. What's the service quality like? Outages? Coverage is no problem since he never strays outside the 416.

They have a program which knocks $$$ off your monthly plan. For example, automatic billing saves you $2/month. Being a long-time customer saves you $1/month for every year you've been a customer. And if you provide tech support on their community forums, they will knock a little off your bill as well.

How well does this program work?

PM is AWS (Wind,etc right?) Service should be fine..as long as he's not above or below ground..then it's had a history of being abyssmal.

Public Mobile is now owned by telus and uses their bands

My father is with public Mobile and cell network is never an issue

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I switched to public mobile this summer. It's working well for me

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

Yes we switched 5 phones to PM this summer. As mentioned its on the Telus system so coverage is good, same as Koodo (also on telus).

Works well. Should be fine for your father.

Who has a cheap relatively reliable plan that has data? Just got notified from Virgin, a "deal" for bring your own phone and get 100 min and free after 5pm and weekends for $22.50/month. No mention of data. I'm on an old network that no longer has coverage in the US(which doesn't matter to me right now).

Public mobile was the best deal I could find with 4.5 GB data at 3g speed for $40 a month. You need to pay for an add on when travelling in the states

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom