Anyone on here refinish/polish rims or know of a good place to get rims refinished? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone on here refinish/polish rims or know of a good place to get rims refinished?

rebellious-D

I have a set of 22" boss 333 rims for my car in a super finish (un-clear coated so no finish on them) and they have some water stains and some slight oxidization. Its basicly jsut the lip/dish that needs the polish. The spokes are painted black and are in great condition.

So anyone on here polish/ re finish rims or can reccomend a good place for a decent price?

thanks,

I remember polishing rims on my old civic gsr blades, used grits from hardest to softest. Took forever and my thumb was sore!, but at the end of the day it was worth it lol, if you dont want to do that try www.curbed.ca heard some good stuff about them.

i would love to do that myself but the rims are pretty big and i jsut dont have the time or the patience to do it. Normaly i would love to do this myself but i jsut dont have the time :( but thanks for the sudjestions guys

Why not get your gf/wife to polish your rim?

I've used Carcone's before, on my former car who's lip was polished and the spokes were an anthracite colour. I liked them, good folks, if just a tad out of the way.

Be warned: if it's a high polish rim (like mine was), it may come out as a more muted/dulled/frosted look after treatment (I had to get them to refinish all 4 wheels at that time so they all looked the same). Of course, this happened about a decade ago, so there may have been advancements in technology to avoid this, but I figured I'd warn you first at the potential.

Never have used curbed.ca, but it could be worth just seeing what they say.

I've used Union Rim in the past and they are great. Here is their info:

1277 Caledonia Road #1 North York, ON M6A 2X7
(416) 782-5714

thanks for the help everyone. Yea i called union and the other place posted. Union wanted 225 per rim, yea ****** that, i would rather just buy new ones at that price. I found a place on hurontario wheelz to go that would do it for 100 for the set. So well see how that works out.

Back
Top Bottom