Anyone know a reliable mechanic? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone know a reliable mechanic?

mahnoy

I want to get my bike checked. Last weekend I went home, it had problems starting. My buddy said it could be bad gas, I think maybe the carb needs cleaning since it's been in the garage for a few weeks. When I finally got it working and brought it to my friend's, I dropped it trying to back up to a uneven, gravel parking lot at my buddy's house (i tried to keep it up and once it hit a certain angle, there was no way I could have saved it :( My foot got stuck under the bike and good thing I was wearing boots to protect my ankle!) Yeah not my day... At first, the bike didn't start. I waited an hour, came back out, and finally started. But the shifter was bent towards to engine, so there was no way to kick it to first, so with a hammer, i pried it back out. And then, it wouldn't stay in first gear. An hour later, the shifter was able to shift down to first, but every time I let go of the clutch to let it roll, it'd stall. Even on neutral it'd stall. So again, I waited, considering cancelling my insurance and selling it, and when I went back out it worked fine... It seems to be working fine now (minus the broken mirror which I need to get replaced) but I want to make sure everything else with the bike is good...

kinda...

Not sure what that thing is called, but beneath the tachometer, there's a meter (not the one that counts how many kms you have your bike.... the other one) and that one is completely off and doesn't work anymore. Not sure the importance of that.

Anyway, I want to get my bike looked at by a reliable mechanic that won't rip me off... I want to bring it up here to ride it to work, and I don't want my bike to die on me in the middle of the road, or not start at all.

Any recommendations?

What kind of bike?

Either way, if youre looking for a mechanic in the GTA... Ted at Rosey Toes. He's the only guy i trust to work on my bike.

I'm bringing my bike up to Mississauga, where I live now. It works fine now, but I wouldn't trust it for long distance riding so I'd get it checked out by a mechanic before doing trips back home. But Windsor only have... 1 bike shop that I know of and I know they'll tell you you need things to make money off you when really you don't. So if you could recommend anyone in the GTA that's honest and reliable to do a check-up on my bike, I'd appreciate it. I have an 04 ZZR 250.

I liked Pannon when I went there. I only got a front tire put on a rim and balanced though.

In Guelph I like Matt's Motorcycles and I just found out the guy that owns 519 Kustomz which is like 5 minutes from my place in the boonies also works on bikes but I haven't had him do any work on my car or bike yet. I just stopped by and talked to him for awhile.

when a bike needed something done beyond my skill level (head swap) i brought it to ken. good rates though race season he is busy busy busy

as for bike not starting after a drop, it's normal with carbs - your carbs get all messed up when the bike is on the side and it takes time for the levels to adjust back to normal. if you need to start your bike right away after it's been on the side open the throttle all the way when starting, once it catches let go, this is one of the few times you touch the throttle when starting.

as for the shifting issues it's possible something was out of alignment and is back in alignment now but with out opening your transmission (probably requiring your engine to be pulled out) it may be difficult to tell.

Scott at Snow City knows his stuff.

There are a few shops in Windsor. I always dealt with Iggy at Powersports on Walker Road. Never had any issues with them. If it's a Honda, Hudson motor in Tilbury (401 right at the Tilbury exit can see it from the highway) seems very good, I haven't had many dealings with them but the few I have had have left me with a good impression.

Bob's in Chatham or Robinson's in Wheatley are also other options

I'm definately not a fan of Thunder Road on Huron Church.

Back
Top Bottom