Anyone in Kingston? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone in Kingston?

ZOMGdonuts

Hi everyone!
I know this forum is about the GTA, but I did grow up there, so I'm kinda crossing my fingers and hoping it's okay for me to post this.

I've been in Kingston for ~3 years now, and boy oh boy, this must be the best city in Ontario for riding (except maybe Ottawa?). Incredible roads out here! I love it, but the only issue is that all my friends/family are back in the GTA/Waterloo.

Anyone on this forum live in the Kingston area and want to ride together? I've only been riding for 2 years, but I think I'm not completely bad at it. And I finally feel ready for some group rides/social events.

If it matters, I'm 26 y/o. Would love to make friends my age, but happy to meet anyone!
Thanks!

I'm 1 hour ride to the north, we're still part of the greater Toronto area aren't we :unsure:

The chip truck tour sounds pretty good, but you need to meet Mr.Chips in Napanee if you want the real meal.

I have a big fat KTM super adventure that’s likes to take naps every now and then. I’d love to see a Zero though!

I'm staying away from deep gravel/goop until I can change up my ****** squared off tires though.

A Zero as in those full size e bikes? Any good? I have yet to see one in person.

I love it :)
It’s very nimble. Everyone talks about torque, but my favourite thing about It is the really really smooth power delivery/throttle response. It slays the super twisty roads...And I’m lucky that there are a bunch of awesome roads in range from Kingston. In the GTA, it would be a city bike - and I don’t think there is any better at that job

@jc100 I’d love to meet up and see your big orange beast :)
@Trials you too, though I’ve never tried trials

I love it :)
It’s very nimble. Everyone talks about torque, but my favourite thing about It is the really really smooth power delivery/throttle response. It slays the super twisty roads...And I’m lucky that there are a bunch of awesome roads in range from Kingston. In the GTA, it would be a city bike - and I don’t think there is any better at that job

@jc100 I’d love to meet up and see your big orange beast :)
@Trials you too, though I’ve never tried trials
Trials also has some cool bikes for the road.

I’m sure we arrange something. My employer has me shackled to my home office for a little bit and my wife has me shackled to our bathroom reno...but if I can stage an escape I’ll let you know.

My drive way would be a 1k challenge for many and it's a township road, several here would consider it off-roading :LOL:
The Arden - Tamworth road is being resurfaced right now so stay clear of that if you don't like riding dirt.
The MV eats it up, the BMW feels squirrelly all the time.
Hopefully going to Woody's some time today with my riding buddy to pick up his new motorcycle, maybe even ride a few of his sections while we are there :cool:

I'm not far from Kingston (Deseronto) and yes, the riding is amazing around this part of Ontario. Make sure you hit up Opinicon Rd. and venture even further North-East past Calabogie, or head North up 41 to Hwy 7 and beyond.

When I want to go for about an hour, I just do the Cty Rd 9 loop in Napanee. Gorgeous.

oooooo it's gonna be close, my place is at least 58 miles away

but there is a current bush at the end of my driveway

oooooo it's gonna be close, my place is at least 58 miles away

but there is a current bush at the end of my driveway
Highway range is something like 100 miles. IIRC, you can pay lots more to get more range (not sure if the 100 is the short or long range version).

When are you getting an electric trials bike? That just seems like a great concept.

Highway range is something like 100 miles. IIRC, you can pay lots more to get more range (not sure if the 100 is the short or long range version).

When are you getting an electric trials bike? That just seems like a great concept.
Just as soon as they come out with one that has a clutch and at least 2 gears.
Yamaha displayed a nice prototype if it handles any good.

When are you coming riding?

Back
Top Bottom