Anyone have an interesting off-season project? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone have an interesting off-season project?

Long shot, ioniq 5?

From pics form factor looks right (other than the stupid sloped rear glass that burns half the cargo space). No more wasting time and money on maintaining an ice vehicle.

ioniq5-1621775527.jpg
My annual kms is probably less than 5k now. EV makes not sense for me.

Believe me... I've tried to convince Mrs. Hack that the tub is not necessary.
All you long married guys will understand the futility in such an undertaking.
I hope the cat will enjoy her new tub
Friends are redoing their ensuite and I tried to convince them to rough it in and install something useful in its place. Something like a cabinet for towels, a watch case, anything really. If they decide to sell the house and it makes sense in the market, pull the cabinet and install the stupid tub then.

My annual kms is probably less than 5k now. EV makes not sense for me.
I figured your mileage was low. Ev wouldnt be for gas savings but it would save on maintenance. Being able to get in a warm/cool car is also worth something especially as you get older. Like I said, it was a long shot and may not make sense but I thought it was worth considering.

I think they have the same issues as the civic.
I was thinking they're a bit easier on the entry/ exit than a civic, and not as harsh as the tacoma?
When I was dealing with my "limitations", I had an f150, and an accord. The truck was too painful up & down & the car was way too low. I could "fall" into it, but getting out was torture.
I sold the car. Traded the truck in for an acura rdx. It was the perfect vehicle for me at the time.....slide in....slide out, easy and almost pain free.
A lincoln mkc was a close second.

Have you tried a crv?

I was thinking they're a bit easier on the entry/ exit than a civic, and not as harsh as the tacoma?
When I was dealing with my "limitations", I had an f150, and an accord. The truck was too painful up & down & the car was way too low. I could "fall" into it, but getting out was torture.
I sold the car. Traded the truck in for an acura rdx. It was the perfect vehicle for me at the time.....slide in....slide out, easy and almost pain free.
A lincoln mkc was a close second.

Have you tried a crv?
Tried the crv and the rav4. Too high. Accord might be worth a look.

Tried the crv and the rav4. Too high. Accord might be worth a look.
My wife has a 2019 Mazda CX5 and had a CRV before it.

It seems to me the Mazda is easier to get in and out. Unlike the CRV I have don't need to tip my head or any make other contortions to enter or exit. I'm able to sit on the seat and swing my legs in comfortably when I had a knee issue. Couldn't do it with the CRV.

Much easier than my Tacoma, but I still love my Tacoma.

How about a Subaru Crosstrek?

EDIT: Nevermind, ground clearance might be higher than the CRV.

@Wingboy is it just the height of the Taco that the issue or is it a problem once she's in too? Bagging the taco may be viable and you get to keep your truck. Like the pic without the stupid wheels. You won't screw up geometry much as you will drive it at stock height but you can dump the bags for loading (like a bus). Also makes it easier to get bikes in the back (although you many want front up, back down for that so you'd need another solenoid and switch)

38532910169-large.jpg

Planning on starting any day now on the valve clearance check…any day now.

Do I need to empty the tank before I start?

Other project is installing an L2 charger in the garage, cleaning the garage, and figuring out what we want to do with the second floor that we are planning.

@Wingboy is it just the height of the Taco that the issue or is it a problem once she's in too? Bagging the taco may be viable and you get to keep your truck. Like the pic without the stupid wheels. You won't screw up geometry much as you will drive it at stock height but you can dump the bags for loading (like a bus). Also makes it easier to get bikes in the back (although you many want front up, back down for that so you'd need another solenoid and switch)

38532910169-large.jpg
I did a little look into that. It was expensive, and the height of the seat would still be an issue. Plus i would have to get tattoos.

@Wingboy my mother has a bad back and can’t get into low cars easily. She had a Nissan Qashqai and loves it. Access for her is fairly comfortable. It’s a small CUV.

@Wingboy my mother has a bad back and can’t get into low cars easily. She had a Nissan Qashqai and loves it. Access for her is fairly comfortable. It’s a small CUV.
I'll look at it. All cars these days have tight little cockpits for driver and passenger. The seat bolsters make it hard for her to get in. A perfect car for her would be a 1972 Beetle with the running board cut away.

I'll look at it. All cars these days have tight little cockpits for driver and passenger. The seat bolsters make it hard for her to get in. A perfect car for her would be a 1972 Beetle with the running board cut away.
One thing that could help is a car that the drivers seat goes backward all the way upon entry/exit and then comes to the memory position for her. I know our odyssey does it and it’s quite easier to get in and out of.

One thing that could help is a car that the drivers seat goes backward all the way upon entry/exit and then comes to the memory position for her. I know our odyssey does it and it’s quite easier to get in and out of.
I think she's stuck with passengering. I haven't seen a passenger seat that did that automatically (although they probably exist further up the luxury tree than I climb).

I bought an 87 Honda Hurricane/CBR600F. Was told it needed a carb rebuild, boots, battery and tires. I have heard it start with starter fluid in the carbs.

I am NOT mechanically inclined. I bought it with the hopes of getting it running, but knowing that even if that never happened, I will still have hopefully had some fun, learned something about mechanics, and be better able to maintain my own bike. In the last few weeks I have studied the shop manual and the Haynes/Clymer guides for the bike for hours, and learned something about carbs and how to them apart and and put them back together again. Rebuild kit and new boots have arrived.

Now looking for an affordable ultrasonic cleaner, ideally big enough for a rack of carbs, or Chem-Dip locally in the GTA.
new boots is good
you could try cleaning the carbs with brush and cleaner, compressed air is good
lots of you tube videos of cleaning carbs - even good green cleaners. might not need ultrsonic. look and see.

post this blurp in technical and you may find some useful help.

Back
Top Bottom