Anyone got a drill press I could use? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone got a drill press I could use?

Jampy00

Site Supporter
Howdy,

Need to drill out a broken bolt and would like to do it with some level of precision.
So if you have a drill press I could use for a few minutes I would be glad to bring the coffee's
I'm in Georgetown, so the closer the better? :)

Thanks in advance.

Howdy,

Need to drill out a broken bolt and would like to do it with some level of precision.
So if you have a drill press I could use for a few minutes I would be glad to bring the coffee's
I'm in Georgetown, so the closer the better? :)

Thanks in advance.
I'm near barrie, you are welcome anytime. Not the world's best drill press by any measure but better than a hand drill.

Hey,
I'm in Milton,
You can borrow mine for a few days if you need.

Nothing special. Old Delta Model but should get the job done.

I'm near barrie, you are welcome anytime. Not the world's best drill press by any measure but better than a hand drill.
Thank Man! Barrie is not an issue if you have time on a weekend for a visit. I'm still waiting on some parts, so once they arrive I'll contact you via DM.

Hey,
I'm in Milton,
You can borrow mine for a few days if you need.

Nothing special. Old Delta Model but should get the job done.
Thanks! I should not need to borrow it, if it is set up in your garage or shop should "hopefully" only take a few minutes to drill out.

Thank Man! Barrie is not an issue if you have time on a weekend for a visit. I'm still waiting on some parts, so once they arrive I'll contact you via DM.
Bench top drill press so you have ~5" from the table or ~9.5" from the foot. Not sure what you are trying to drill.

Im in Guelph, could I see a pic of what yr trying to drill out?
1/4"-20 Broken bolt on my air cleaner rear plate. Nothing huge would fit on most drill presses. I would take a pic but it's all mounted back on bike.

Thanks to everyone for their kindness. Once I get the parts I require I'll contact everyone via DM to get location, schedule and coffee order.

Thanks to everyone for their kindness. Once I get the parts I require I'll contact everyone via DM to get location, schedule and coffee order.
Np.

I'll make sure the work bench is clean enough for you to get your stuff done. Should you decide to come to Milton.

I have a vertical mill that also drills. Cross feeds for locating the spot. I also have a centre drill which reduces wandering Bloor / 427 Etobicoke. I think it weighs about 600 pounds so it doesn't travel well.

Thanks all, Just got the text that my parts are in.
To be honest, I did not break this bolt so when I noticed it I did not even touch it (knowing I did not have parts)
So before I waste anyone's time, once I get the parts I'm going to simply apply a little heat to the area and hopefully just be able to twist it out as it does not bottom out on anything.. But being the weather is "iffy" for the next week or so, if someone wants a visit I'm happy to do so.

I am in Halton Hills....I have a drill press I can lend out.
I have better luck welding a bolt/nut to extract

I am in Halton Hills....I have a drill press I can lend out.
I have better luck welding a bolt/nut to extract
Thanks! Bolt stud is slightly buried in the part, so could yuck it up.
Still waiting on parts as HD originally gave me the wrong replacement bolts. So I am not going to mess with it until I have the bolts I require, I would normally just go out and buy some but HD is giving them to with some other parts, and it is not an emergency so I'll just wait..

I got the parts, to anyone still open to allowing me to use their drill press, please let me know. Some of my DM's have yet to be replied to.

Thanks!

I got the parts, to anyone still open to allowing me to use their drill press, please let me know. Some of my DM's have yet to be replied to.

Thanks!
I'm hurt. I didn't get a DM. :eek:

jk. Mine's available near Barrie if you want it. If you want to use a better or closer one, that doesn't bother me.

I love all of you. But yes, I did start with those closest to me. I appreciate the quick follow up.

Back
Top Bottom