Any one ever travel to the Isle of Man TT??? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any one ever travel to the Isle of Man TT???

zacm7

So I am thinking of going to the TT in 2015 and just wondering if anyone has ever done the trip? Looks like Dublin is the cheapest airport to fly into and then catch the ferry to the island. Thinking about doing 2 weeks of traveling to Ireland and Scotland and then hitting the TT for the last few days and camping.

Any tips? or recommendations...Places to see? Its a while until 2015 but it looks like reservations get booked up really quick.

Yes, been a few times and I would recommend going through Dublin and taking the ferry from either Dublin or Belfast, whatever you can get on. My advice would be to book now if it’s not already too late. The last time I went I booked in October.

Failing that there are a number of Fishing Boats or Yachts that run from Ardglass, Strangford or Warrenpoint/Annalong. They normally advertise in the local papers.

Will you have a bike? If not try to stay in Douglas as you will be able to get to the start and finish very easily. You can also walk down as far as Quarter Bridge or Bradden or up to Signpost or Hillberry. I have even walked up to Brandish. The other thing you can do from there is take the railway up to the Bungalow and you can walk north and south from there or take it into Ramsey and you can walk up to the Goose Neck

Make sure to visit Bushy’s tent on the Douglas Promenade :)

If you can get to Ireland 2 weeks before I would try to get to the NW200 as well. There are many great vantage points from Metropole right through to York corner in PortStewart.

Back
Top Bottom