Any Motorcycle Rally Campgrounds in Ontario? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any Motorcycle Rally Campgrounds in Ontario?

Just posting this question here.
I am planning a Motorcycle Rally Weekend in late August '23 and I am looking for a venue. Some campground that would be open and friendly to about 25 - 35 mature motorcyclists for a Friday Evening to Sunday Morning getaway.

We are not talking about 'bikers' but mainly old guys on BMW's, Guzzi's, Triumphs, Ural, and that sort of stuff. The most noise they will make is snoring and bathroom trips in the middle of the night.

If anyone knows of such a place I'd appreciate it if you can send the contact information along.

Thank You...

Just posting this question here.
I am planning a Motorcycle Rally Weekend in late August '23 and I am looking for a venue. Some campground that would be open and friendly to about 25 - 35 mature motorcyclists for a Friday Evening to Sunday Morning getaway.

We are not talking about 'bikers' but mainly old guys on BMW's, Guzzi's, Triumphs, Ural, and that sort of stuff. The most noise they will make is snoring and bathroom trips in the middle of the night.

If anyone knows of such a place I'd appreciate it if you can send the contact information along.

Thank You...

Ontario's a pretty big place.

Whereabouts were you thinking? Owen Sound? Muskokas? Kawarthas? Ottawa Valley? Rosedale Valley...?

Thanks. O would say just about anywhere 2 - 3 hour radius of the GTA. Somewhere many can get to rather easily.

So Owen Sound, Muskokas, and even the Kawarthas would work.

Probably need a caterer too.

Not trying to sound like a jerk but, wouldn't you require liability insurance as the host for such a venue?
This could be the reason we don't see many of this type of event. Also what do you do if weather forces a cancellation etc.

Reach out to the creator of these events for some additional input.

Thanks. O would say just about anywhere 2 - 3 hour radius of the GTA. Somewhere many can get to rather easily.

So Owen Sound, Muskokas, and even the Kawarthas would work.

Probably need a caterer too.
Two places that I have been to for this sort of thing are below. For each place, the organizer knew the campground owners, so there was some connection that way, but you could reach out to them in see if they would be open to it, especially for a mature group. Both places had ample space for tents and cabins for rent as well. Both were in excellent locations - one at Wilberforce and the other at Tweed.

Riverbank in Wilberforce (website is under construction but they have a facebook page: Riverbank Cottages & Trailer Park

Haids Hideaway: Haid's Hideaway Family Campground | Overnight & Seasonal Riverfront Campsites

As I have gotten older the thought of camping for these sorts of things become less appealing. Spectacle Lake Lodge just East of Algonquin Park off 60 caters really well to bikers, isn't overly expensive, has excellent food, and you've got lot's of scenery and good roads close by. Rustic cabins and rooms. Camping on site may be an option. Call them with your meet details and see what they can offer the group.

Most campsites won't have catering on site. Unless you're willing to hire a 3rd party caterer to come to your campgrounds, you're probably looking at some kind of resort or lodge with a camping option on-site.

I've been to Ashgrove Inn in Barry's Bay. I don't know if they allow tents, but they seem to have a large property and a restaurant on-site. Maybe call them and see if you can arrange something. If you can guarantee some catering business, they may allow you to set up tents on their property and your guests also have the option of renting a room.

Another option is to search for day-camps for kids. Some of these camps are week-day only and the kids go home for the weekends. Most of these camps also have a cafeteria on site.

Prospect Hill campground just outside St Marys used to let us host our CVMG rally. You could try there but no caterer.

Oh, thought of another option. Almost every one of the KOAs I've camped at has a cafeteria.

Here's a list of the KOAs in the TO area:

You can check the amenities on the website. The Parry Sound KOA is motorcycle friendly and has catering, with a dining hall large enough for 70 people:

I've been involved in helping to organize a number of Ontario based events. Muskoka, Calabogie and Haliburton. 3 night stays. People arrive Thursday afternoon and leave Sunday morning. Between 35 - 45 people. Event was held around 3rd w/e in August.

Things have changed significantly over the last 3 - 5 years. Venues are increasingly unwilling or unable to split a week's rental of space into 2 parts. Our need was for 3 nights beginning on a Thursday, tough sell as it leaves 4 nights open. You might have more luck if it's a Friday / Saturday.

Many campgrounds and small hotels might not have the space and they often require a deposit up front and have inflexible cancellation terms.

Catering has a huge hassle, quality was often marginal, cost per person relatively high. Lots of setup and clean up + inclement weather issues. One venue had a barn to eat in, others did not and we got wet............

Our solution to this was to bump the event to the w/e after Labour Day and we now book a block of rooms in a local chain hotel in November or December the year before. Hotel holds the block of rooms until mid-July or August, then releases any unbooked ones. Participants can still get the discounted rate, subject to availability. Also, chain hotels have good reservation and cancellation terms, so people can cancel right up to a day or so before the event with no hassle or cost. Also, choose a location with good restaurants nearby.

Back
Top Bottom