Any middle-age riders on this forum? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any middle-age riders on this forum?

Tiger, although I do run solo most of the time, I am definitely in the "sane" side of the riders. Drop me a line the next time your out and going to do a 3-5hr ride. I may be interested in hooking up. Wife is terrified of riding on the back. 8-(

I'll be keeping an eye on this and the 'still in the game' threads. 40+ but need to get my newest project (arriving this weekend - yay) sorted for any sort of distance rides - my 200cc super-moto is good for plonking around, but longer rides, not so much.

Middle-age is the new adolescent. But with money.

Last edited:
Hey Guys
Have received a few PM's from some of you now and will plan a ride soon.
Great to see that there are quite a few in the 40+ crowd that enjoy riding and can find the time to do so.
I used to ride sportbikes years ago, switched to cruisers as I grew older, but came back to sportier rides as of lately as I've always preferred a "riders" bike to a "bikers" bike. That and the fact that along with age and maturity came a more disciplined throttle hand. Thanks for your replies!

Interested. Subscribing to this thread.

With age, I have developed greater respect for bikes, and a more reasonable throttle hand. Having said that, gimme an all day ride with twisties! :D

Last edited:
Definitely 40+, turning 56 tomorrow. Ride an ST and just got back from a three-day trip with a few friends to Lake George NY. I would be interested in the occasional ride with this group, depending on destination and timing. I will keep an eye on this thread for details of planned rides.

Tiger, although I do run solo most of the time, I am definitely in the "sane" side of the riders. Drop me a line the next time your out and going to do a 3-5hr ride. I may be interested in hooking up. Wife is terrified of riding on the back. 8-(

where do you tend to ride? I'm in Grimsby, most people I know are not riders. If I could find some 35+ riders in the area that need to remain in one peice for Work Monday's would be cool

Hmmm…
Ok, so I definitely qualify in terms of ‘middle-age’. After spending a bit of time languishing on the back of a bike and finally taking the plunge and getting my own ride, I’m wondering about the levels of acceptance that the new and mature rider experiences when starting out. I ride solo for a couple of reasons: a) for skill development at my own pace and b) because I don’t know too many other women (or men) new to riding.

Having said that, solo is getting old. So here’s a burning question for all you vets – if you began riding later in life, what was the experience like? If you’ve been riding since the Stone Age, what’s it like mentoring (if that’s on your radar?).

You should come ride with me. I usually ride longer than a day on long!:p

Hello all!
Ride a sport-touring bike and looking to meet other "mature" riders to share rides with.
Girlfriend rides with me often, so two-ups or couples are cool too! Prefer to meet other "middle-agers" who enjoy riding longer distances. Full day rides stopping for lunch/dinner etc. Prefer more sporting type bikes over chrome cruisers, but ride sensibly (no hooligans) as I have family commitments and need to keep my driver's license. Any 40-something riders on this forum? I am in Durham Region.

... if you began riding later in life, what was the experience like?

Started riding at age 40, 3 years ago. Alone. No need to adjust myself to anybody or ask somebody to adjust to me. Own pace, own destinations. I guess I'm getting to the point when I learned to enjoy life by myself.

To the contrary I keep an eye on this thread. :)

I wish I lived next to Calabogie. Or wherever is the nicest track. I'd have shares by now. Love the twisties.

Back
Top Bottom