Any Hyundai or Kia Service Techs on the board?.. Hopefully you can help in my issues(question) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any Hyundai or Kia Service Techs on the board?.. Hopefully you can help in my issues(question)

CB900F2

Hi All...

Hoping to find out if their are any Hyundai or Kia Techs on the board?.. Hopefully you can help in my issues(question).

Or if know of any TEchs that you can pass along my issue.. that would be great!

-----
Wanna see if you have asked or can ask a question for me to Hyundai's Tech line....

2017 to 2019 Elantra with the 2.0L and the 6AT

Looks like Hyundai update the "Neutral Safety Switch" across their various versions of their transmissions - PN 42700-26700 but they didn't take into account how it would interfere with the removal of the fill bolt on the top of the transmission of this specific version of transmission for the 2017-2019 Elantra 2.0L (Trans unit # A6GF1-2)

It appears the only way to get the bolt out is to cut a notch into the side of the plastic bolt to pass that protruding part of the NSS.

I am hoping that any Hyundai service techs if they have asked or can ask Hyundai's Tech line and find out whats their official position on the design issue? Is their a shorter bolt they have issued to help in getting it out, or a new Neutral Safety Switch???

Thank you
----

Attachments

• 2017 Elantra Trans refill Bolt_Cant get off - Shifter in the way.png
    2017 Elantra Trans refill Bolt_Cant get off - Shifter in the way.png
    562 KB · Views: 31
Hi All...

Hoping to find out if their are any Hyundai or Kia Techs on the board?.. Hopefully you can help in my issues(question).

Or if know of any TEchs that you can pass along my issue.. that would be great!

-----
Wanna see if you have asked or can ask a question for me to Hyundai's Tech line....

2017 to 2019 Elantra with the 2.0L and the 6AT

Looks like Hyundai update the "Neutral Safety Switch" across their various versions of their transmissions - PN 42700-26700 but they didn't take into account how it would interfere with the removal of the fill bolt on the top of the transmission of this specific version of transmission for the 2017-2019 Elantra 2.0L (Trans unit # A6GF1-2)

It appears the only way to get the bolt out is to cut a notch into the side of the plastic bolt to pass that protruding part of the NSS.

I am hoping that any Hyundai service techs if they have asked or can ask Hyundai's Tech line and find out whats their official position on the design issue? Is their a shorter bolt they have issued to help in getting it out, or a new Neutral Safety Switch???

Thank you
----

My 2014 had the no start problem that I assume you also have. I had to do some wiggling of the shift lever to get it started. I traded the car in for other reasons so it became someone else's problem. My safety switch was under the air cleaner so a no brainer. There were youtube videos on the procedure.

Back
Top Bottom