Any bike shops worth checking out in New York State/City? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any bike shops worth checking out in New York State/City?

lator-illa

As per thread title...i'll be driving down tomorrow till Monday. Wondering if you folks know of any shops that are worth visiting. Who knows, I might score a Black Friday deal on parts/apparel.

Everyone did, they no longer exist. Guess what, companies run by idiots don't make money, whoda thunkit?

Haha really? Always wondered if they ever actually sold any of those hideous catalogue part bolt together bikes or it was all just about the show and selling t shirts

The funniest part of this thread is the three clueless morAns that replied, even though they don't know anything at all about any bikes, other than the green one in their garage.

Haha really? Always wondered if they ever actually sold any of those hideous catalogue part bolt together bikes or it was all just about the show and selling t shirts

They expanded the business leveraging the income from the TV show, anticipating that the TV audience that found then interesting would buy their awful Easter eggs.
The problem came down to demographics, as the crowd that finds those bikes desirable were the first to lose their jobs in 2008 and on.

Paul Teutel Sr. presented OCC as increasing in size due to some demand, but they really only had demand for T-shirts, and that got old. The banks finally closed in and they went broke.

Those bikes are a joke, even in the chopper community, as any craftsmanship was really down to people outside of OCC, and the actual motorcycles under all that paint and chrome were un-ridable.

But I'm just a moran. My T-shirts still have sleeves.

morans.jpg

As per thread title...i'll be driving down tomorrow till Monday. Wondering if you folks know of any shops that are worth visiting. Who knows, I might score a Black Friday deal on parts/apparel.

I'm flying to NYC tomorrow for 3 days. Staying in Manhattan. There's not much there except fancy HD, Ducati and BMW stores, all of which I've been to previously.

I'll just follow my wife around as she spends $$ then eat at lots of cool restaurants.

I visited OCC's original shop when they first started. The shop was closed, but I was there!
They had a small store in the nearby town with a bunch of their early bikes on display, including a couple I saw on their TV show. They were tacky looking and not very well put together.

Last edited:
Back to OP:

NYC has some very diverse specialty bike shops for vintage bikes and cafe racers.

Indian Larry's Gasoline Alley shop still runs out of Brooklyn.

6th Street specials works on British vintage cafe bikes.

You will find cool stuff there, but NYC is never the place to go for deals.

The funniest part of this thread is the three clueless morAns that replied, even though they don't know anything at all about any bikes, other than the green one in their garage.

Damn man, sorry the show got cancelled

You two boneheads just said OCC didn't exist anymore, where did you get that information, from your ***?

I don't give a crap about OCC or their show, but its pretty sad when a guy asks for suggestions of places to go in NY, and you fools just come in flapping your lips about the usual stupidities you conjure up.

Really hoping to meet you one day Kellen, you won't ever forget it i promise.

PS> To the OP, stop by and check out Paul Cox shop and say hello, he's a real motorcyclist and fabricator of fine items.
http://paulcoxindustries.com/

You two boneheads just said OCC didn't exist anymore, where did you get that information, from your ***?

I don't give a crap about OCC or their show, but its pretty sad when a guy asks for suggestions of places to go in NY, and you fools just come in flapping your lips about the usual stupidities you conjure up.

Really hoping to meet you one day Kellen, you won't ever forget it i promise.

PS> To the OP, stop by and check out Paul Cox shop and say hello, he's a real motorcyclist and fabricator of fine items.
http://paulcoxindustries.com/

I didn't say it at all. But I hope it is dead.

When are we meeting? I assume I'll know it's you by the giant OCC decal on the back window of your truck, and the worn out mud tires.

When are we meeting? I assume I'll know it's you by the giant OCC decal on the back window of your truck, and the worn out mud tires.

he dont bother with tires, he just wraps thick ropes around the rims,

he dont bother with tires, he just wraps thick ropes around the rims,
Stop giving away my best traction tips, i've actually switched over to kittens for winter, their claws grip the ice better.

You'll recognize my "decal" when you see it.

Back
Top Bottom