Anodizing | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anodizing

KJM

Site Supporter
Anyone know a place that will do a single piece at a reasonable price? It's about 10"x12.5" 5/16 think al plate with lots of speed holes...

Oops, black please.

Oops, black please.

Just missed my last batch of black by a few days, picked it up on Friday, but I do a batch of black ano often. If your not in a rush I will have another batch in a few weeks. My min charge is $200 but I get a whole basket of parts for that price, which get divided up over the batch and ends up costing very little per part

Just missed my last batch of black by a few days, picked it up on Friday, but I do a batch of black ano often. If your not in a rush I will have another batch in a few weeks. My min charge is $200 but I get a whole basket of parts for that price, which get divided up over the batch and ends up costing very little per part

Cool, pm sent.

If you still have my bike by the next batch, do the levers for me please.

Possibly a stupid question, but can you do anodize the stock bar ends for a Yamaha FZ1? I don't know what material they are but I'm guessing it's probably steel. Can't seem to find out.
I love the red anodized colour, but don't know how to get that without swapping to lighter aluminum ones.

Possibly a stupid question, but can you do anodize the stock bar ends for a Yamaha FZ1? I don't know what material they are but I'm guessing it's probably steel. Can't seem to find out.
I love the red anodized colour, but don't know how to get that without swapping to lighter aluminum ones.

Get a magnet. If it sticks to the bar ends, then it's steel. If not, probably some sort of white metal/aluminum.

Sounds like a good application for powder coating IMHO

If you still have my bike by the next batch, do the levers for me please.

He has a bare aluminum part that just needs to be anodized, you have previously anodized levers. Those require stripping, different batch my friend

Stock OEM bar ends are generally made of steel, I have never came across a set personally that were made of aluminum from OEM

You could do powder coat, but you will not get a true anodized color look. It mimics anodize but its not %100 I can tell the difference from a standing distance

People ask me to match anodize with powder colors all the time, it can be close but far from exact match

The company I use for red has a $100 plus tax min charge, but again I get this much parts done for the min charge, so for one part not really worth it but devided over a batch $10 a piece or less
DSC01470.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom