Ancient suzuki spanks modern superbikes | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ancient suzuki spanks modern superbikes

bigpoppa

I guess those old dogs still have a lot of bite:

I'm putting my foot down - sure, 15 years have gone by, but the K5 1000 is NOT ancient

I'm putting my foot down - sure, 15 years have gone by, but the K5 1000 is NOT ancient
Have it in my 2018 GSX-S1000 and it's in the new Katana - awesome engine!

The real take away is street suspension will always loose to aftermarket race suspension on the track by design.

I have a feeling the Ducati dealership is making up excuses as to why a 30k bike with ~40hp more and 20lb less weight is slower then a competitors 15yo 3k bike. Would love to see a followup with the spring changed up either way. I have a feeling it's the power delivery and the gsxrs gearing is probably better suited to that particular track.

Philip Island 2019 Fast laps
WSBK 1 30.075
MotoGP 1 29.332

At the 2019 Philip Island Classic
Craig DITCHBURN (some Aussy guy) 1 41.294 on a 1978 Yamaha TZ750
Steve MARTIN (another Aussy guy you've never heard of) 1 37.587 on a 1982 Suzuki GSX1000
Aaron MORRIS (another Aussy guy you've never heard of) 1 38.313 on a 1990 Yamaha FZR1000

HMMmmmmmmmm....

Ditchburn is STUPID fast on the island, one of the best.

Suzuki owner has owned the bike for awhile and set it up for himself
updated the suspension and knows how to dial it in

trying to set up the Duc, they mention playing with the myriad of settings
that there gives pretty big clue as to why the corner speed sucked
they have no idea how to set it up

the track part showed the speedo on the Duc
never went over 130 MPH on the straight bits

niggah please

regardless of not knowing how to set the bike up for track
anyone can get that bike going faster than 130

Saw this too, "I'm a bit worried here guys." Zack says. Ducati is totally making excuses here and are probably scratching their heads behind the scenes. Zack and Ari should hand these two bikes over to 44Teeth and see if Baron and Fagan can reproduce the same results. This is an epic find...bikes were made faster and slowed down by electronics.

The guy formerly known as Mladin.

It would be best to dyno both bikes and compare the graphs. It's not always about HP, but useable torque. If the power curve is better paired with the curves of the track there's a definite advantage. Love the sound of the Suzuki.

It would be best to dyno both bikes and compare the graphs. It's not always about HP, but useable torque. If the power curve is better paired with the curves of the track there's a definite advantage. Love the sound of the Suzuki.
It's about the ability of the GSX-R 1000 to fall into a corner and carry the corner speed on rails. You can see it in today's MotoGP...the GSX-RR 1000 carries corner speed better than any bike on the track. The only one that matches it is the CBR. Torque and horsepower don't mean a lot when a bike handles like butter.

The guy formerly known as Mladin.

Back
Top Bottom