Alternative to Dupont Teflon Multi Use Lube?? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Alternative to Dupont Teflon Multi Use Lube??

tsdexter

Various posts/forums have suggested Dupont Teflon Multi Use Lube is hands down the best chain lube (at least for my Ninja 250) with low fling off, low debris collection and long lasting... I can't find it anywhere in Canada and no sites seem to want to ship to Canada.

Anyone know where I can get some of this in Canada (as close to Barrie as possible) or what would be a comparable alternative that is easily found at walmart/canadian tire/napa/partsource?

Thanks,
Thomas

Various posts/forums have suggested Dupont Teflon Multi Use Lube is hands down the best chain lube (at least for my Ninja 250) with low fling off, low debris collection and long lasting...

Also I agree with this.

Interesting. I didn't see it at my lowes. I'll check again. That is an American link you sent though. Also, check the label on your bottle - the one you posted is just the 'lubricant' not the 'dry, wax lubricant' they are completely different formulas and DuPont actually recommends against using the 'lubricant' one on a motorcycle chain. Webbikeworld also took it off their recommendations list.

See here: http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=104972
And here: http://www.webbikeworld.com/t2/dupont-motorcycle-chain-lube-2012/

You are correct. Picked mine up from Lowes in Brampton. Kennedy Road. Usually it is located along the front of the store, not in the aisles.

http://lowes.ca/locator/default.aspx

Good to know. I'll check mine again. Make sure you are getting the 'dry, wax lubricant' which is nigh impossible to find now that it's discontinued or the chain saver version. See above ^^

Interesting. I didn't see it at my lowes. I'll check again. That is an American link you sent though. Also, check the label on your bottle - the one you posted is just the 'lubricant' not the 'dry, wax lubricant' they are completely different formulas and DuPont actually recommends against using the 'lubricant' one on a motorcycle chain. Webbikeworld also took it off their recommendations list.

See here: http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=104972
And here: http://www.webbikeworld.com/t2/dupont-motorcycle-chain-lube-2012/

Good to know. I'll check mine again. Make sure you are getting the 'dry, wax lubricant' which is nigh impossible to find now that it's discontinued or the chain saver version. See above ^^

Its in the section with the tools....

Interesting. I didn't see it at my lowes. I'll check again.

Yes to alleviate any confusion, I use the dry wax. I just did a quick google search to see if Lowes still carried it. Last time I picked mine up was a few months ago - I went to the one in Hamilton and they had it.

The dupont stuff is nice and doesn't make a mess, but it's not the end of the world if you can't find a can.

Regular chain lube applied works perfectly fine, you can also do a search on Wurth HHS2000 as another alternative.

The dupont stuff is nice and doesn't make a mess, but it's not the end of the world if you can't find a can.

Regular chain lube applied works perfectly fine, you can also do a search on Wurth HHS2000 as another alternative.

That is "gudt" stuff too. Saw it at Royal, I think.

Lowe's in Hamilton still has the dry, wax lubricant? I only found the new formula in Brampton.

Yes to alleviate any confusion, I use the dry wax. I just did a quick google search to see if Lowes still carried it. Last time I picked mine up was a few months ago - I went to the one in Hamilton and they had it.

Thanks. Good to know. I can't be too picky anyway because I need to do it this weekend.

That is "gudt" stuff too. Saw it at Royal, I think.

Good to know, there is a Royal 10 minutes down the 400 from me.

Thanks! I just picked it up in April and I love it! Had a CBR before that.... next bike...I'm leaning towards an R6.

So at that rate in 2014 you'll be riding a 750, 2015 - 1000, 2016 - 1200 etc.. :)

I just got mine in June, my first bike! Haven't been able to ride it really though because I don't have plates/safety due to the worst luck with getting tires.. They're finally on the way though :)

Lowe's in Hamilton still has the dry, wax lubricant? I only found the new formula in Brampton.

Apparently the chain saver is the 'same' formula as the old dry wax... However, general consensus from my research is that it is more watery but still dries to a wax film.

So at that rate in 2014 you'll be riding a 750, 2015 - 1000, 2016 - 1200 etc.. :)

I just got mine in June, my first bike! Haven't been able to ride it really though because I don't have plates/safety due to the worst luck with getting tires.. They're finally on the way though :)

Once you get comfortable with the 250 you will want to upgrade too. I don't think I'll go higher then a 600 though. Will just try different kinds out... Ducati Monster - Hello :) lol

Once you get comfortable with the 250 you will want to upgrade too. I don't think I'll go higher then a 600 though. Will just try different kinds out... Ducati Monster - Hello :) lol

Yeah I agree. I got the 250 as a learner with the intention of 1. Not killing myself 2. Selling it next year to upgrade to a Ninja 650.

However, depending on how often I'm able to pleasure ride out on the twisties I may keep the 250, most people are telling me it's more fun on the twisties than a bigger bike.

My buddy has a blue/silver R6 he might be selling soon (or next season).

Back
Top Bottom