AliExpress | GTAMotorcycle.com

AliExpress

The good? They are cheaper.
The bad? They are cheap. They take 2-6 months to arrive (my experience). You get zero warranty, zero support, and if they don't fit they are hard or cost-prohibitive to return.

Amazon has a lot of Chinese parts, they cost a few bucks more than AliExpress but you get them fast and they can be returned if they are junk.

I got some LED strips that were fine and a cheap pair of gauntlet gloves that were also good value for the money. I think on pne occasion the item never showed up and it was easy to get the refund.

I've had to use it extensively for my electric v-star conversion. I had issues a few times and their app had a chat area to talk with suppliers who generally worked to rectify a situation. worst case scenario was "buy something else from our store and we'll throw the missing temp. sensors in the box"

Shipping times were often faster then quoted. There was a delay on the motor and the seller messaged me and asked me to approve an extension on the shipping time so that they would not be penalized.

Many vendors were willing to doctor paperwork to help you avoid duties.

I've actually had more issues with the cheap chinese stuff from Amazon then I have AliExpress.

For my BMW XR I got a $12 smoked low windshield and $8 black-anodized kickstand foot. Both arrived in about a week, quality looks good. Happy with both a both still look new a year later.
Ordered a pair of $5 LED parking lights that never arrived but they refunded me my money when they didn't without issue.

Edit - My late and now free $5 LED lights showed up yesterday. Look better quality than the expensive Amazon ones ($15!).

Last edited:
order a gear indicator for my bike on March 18th, got it couple of days ago. Cost $30CAD no tax and no duty.
haven't installed yet... but

ordered wind screen too, no problems. Fortnine wanted $130+ for a double bublle.... yikes
amazon returns and refunds are fast, though

Last edited:
ordered wind screen too, no problems. Fortnine wanted $130+ for a double bublle.... yikes
amazon returns and refunds are fast, though
Yes, I was surprised at the price differentials with the same item.

I like to put my money toward Fortnine but when I ordered a skid plate ranging up to $85 at Amazon to only $5 at AliExpress ( not listed with Fortnine), both had the same projected delivery date ranges. Interesting, it had the same stampings so must have been from the same factory.

I like to put my money toward Fortnine but when I ordered a skid plate ranging up to $85 at Amazon to only $5 at AliExpress ( not listed with Fortnine), both had the same projected delivery date ranges. Interesting, it had the same stampings so must have been from the same factory.
You probably found the actual Chinese factory on AliExpress. There are lots of resellers on both Amazon and AliExpress but a lot of the time you can find the actual sweatshop and get a great price on Aliexpress since it's based in China. Alibaba.com has even more factory direct but they want you to buy in bulk.

With AliExpress, you end up with the manufacturer or a reseller. On Amazon it can even be a reseller of a reseller, but I often find it's the same stuff. You may get a faster turnaround on the Amazon purchase, because it may be warehoused on the same continent, YMMV.

Bought a USB/Type-C charger with a SAE lead, works well so far, no experience with structural/body parts.

Well my orders arrived yesterday, much before their projected dates.

All items were extremely well wrapped and protected and bolted up nicely. Very pleased with the experience... (y)
I was just revisiting this thread to see what delivery times were like. I might order a MAP sensor from there as a backup part and as a trial run for orders. Thx

I was just revisiting this thread to see what delivery times were like. I might order a MAP sensor from there as a backup part and as a trial run for orders. Thx
Depends - from a week to 3 months. It's really hard to tell with AE.

Depends - from a week to 3 months. It's really hard to tell with AE.
Maybe because you're not buying stuff from aliexpress. Aliexpress is a "portal" site where many different sellers advertize, and the different sellers have different shipping.
Aliexpress is the oriental amazon. Some sellers warehouse here in North America and can get the stuff out fast, most of the cheap stuff gets shipped from China

I've ordered a lot of cheap stuff on Aliexpress and usually shipping is slow (2 to 4 weeks for me) but worth for the price. Some packages got lost and they would re-fund right away no hassle.. Many times I received extra items (like 2 sets of stickers instead of one) and hand-written thank you notes for supporting small business in China. :)

P.S. when you order - they give you max time for package arrival - sometimes it's like 3 months - package usually arrive earlier but you can't claim refund until after this period expired so keep this in mind when buying.

Last edited:
Maybe because you're not buying stuff from aliexpress. Aliexpress is a "portal" site where many different sellers advertize, and the different sellers have different shipping.
Yes, but most sellers use "AliExpress shipping" nowadays. And then AliExpress route the package in mysterious ways - some of them are shipped from Thailand, Singapore or even UAE by regular mail, some of them are consolidated, flown to Vancouver and shipped via Canada Post. When it goes via Vancouver - it's usually quick. When it's shipped from somewhere else - it takes forever. So the point is - it's usually hard to tell how long it will take, except when sellers ship themselves via a courier like DHL.

Yes, but most sellers use "AliExpress shipping" nowadays. And then AliExpress route the package in mysterious ways - some of them are shipped from Thailand, Singapore or even UAE by regular mail, some of them are consolidated, flown to Vancouver and shipped via Canada Post. When it goes via Vancouver - it's usually quick. When it's shipped from somewhere else - it takes forever. So the point is - it's usually hard to tell how long it will take, except when sellers ship themselves via a courier like DHL.

that's a very good point. There are almost always 3 shipping options and AliExpress Shipping usually is the cheapest so I never bothered with anything else as I didn't really care about arrival time or items I'd ordered... for a few extra bucks one can get yourself a faster shipping with better tracking if it something really needed...

Last week I placed and order with AliExpress and a USA vendor for my MAP sensor. AliExpress being a backup sensor as it was 1/3 of the cost of the other supplier.

So far the AliExpress shipment is winning the race. It just landed in Canada and CP sent me a tracking number. I should have this by next week with it being a long week-end and all (I doubt I will get it on Friday). BTW the USA one is shipping out of Las Vegas and no updates.

Impressions so far. AliExpress website and tracking system are a little wonky. It doesn't work as well as other sites, meaning updates on the site are not as up to date as others for tracking. But behind the scene everything seems efficient enough. It's cool they will consolidate the shipment into 1 package, when they come from different sources.

Once I have it in hand and see the condition and all looks good, I'll make another order, at least now I know what to expect.
So far so good though. (y)

Sometimes AliExpress is the only option. I bought an aftermarket hose for my Karcher K4 pressure washer and found that the Karcher adapter did not come with the hose even though the seller listed Karcher as one of the supported washers. The seller was not able to help me. There was a firm in England which had what I wanted but they weren't going to sell it to me :( Eventually I found two possible products on AliExpress which look promising. So, ordered them and they will arrive by early June according to the tracker. I don't know where I would have got this adapter otherwise.

Sometimes AliExpress is the only option. I bought an aftermarket hose for my Karcher K4 pressure washer and found that the Karcher adapter did not come with the hose even though the seller listed Karcher as one of the supported washers. The seller was not able to help me. There was a firm in England which had what I wanted but they weren't going to sell it to me :( Eventually I found two possible products on AliExpress which look promising. So, ordered them and they will arrive by early June according to the tracker. I don't know where I would have got this adapter otherwise.
I have a bunch and they aren't hard to get any dynablast dealer can get them.
Or Rona Karcher Pressure Washer Swivel Attachment - 1/4-in - Brass - Male Adapter

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom