Air Canada Travel with helmets | GTAMotorcycle.com

Air Canada Travel with helmets

I don't see why they'd have a problem...although you might want to them to check the EPS layer while passing it through the x-ray machine...lol

Check the allowable max carry-on size ... It may have to go in checked baggage ...

We are going to put the helmets in the topcase of the bikes that are flying ahead of us ....thought about carry on....don't think there is an issue with size but had other things for carry on.

Took mine in it's bag on a plane a month ago (not since the new rules). That said, I'm on a Rouge flight with it this week, so will post up next weekend if I have any troubles with the new scrutiny.

We are going to put the helmets in the topcase of the bikes that are flying ahead of us ....thought about carry on....don't think there is an issue with size but had other things for carry on.

From what I heard about the Air Canada bike transport your luggage is supposed to be empty. Do they check, that's another question.

I flew Southwest a few years back and Westjet this past Christmas with two full face in a duffel bag, didn't have any problems. No idea how that bag would fair with the new carry on restrictions.

When i went to jamaica a couple weeks ago on an air canada rouge flight, the dude beside me had a helmet as carry on. it slipped under the seat but he was kinda complaining that they ruined his visor (the hinges looked broken). Unsure what they did to it. (or if he did it and blames security).

Just flew to Phoenix and back on Rouge this weekend. Had a small hydration backpack as a carry-on, and also brought my helmet in its bag. No problems on either end getting the helmet onto the plane, and simply put it in the overhead both ways.

Would have fit under the seat as well, although can't imagine many people would be comfortable with it down there...Rouge doesn't give you much space.

If they give you a hard time just say you are afraid they're gonna crash and put it on.

If they give you a hard time just say you are afraid they're gonna crash and put it on.

I wonder if they'd make you remove if you were sitting there with it on?

I wonder if they'd make you remove if you were sitting there with it on?

Now you've got me tempted to try it when I fly next week but I have zero use for a helmet on that trip, lol.

Do you have to check a parachute or can you wear it?

**old thread bump**
Has anyone tried to fly with a Motorcycle helmet recently?

I have read that you can have a Carry-on bag, and then have your helmet in a Helmet bag and say that's your personal bag.

**old thread bump**
Has anyone tried to fly with a Motorcycle helmet recently?

I have read that you can have a Carry-on bag, and then have your helmet in a Helmet bag and say that's your personal bag.
Most airlines allow 1 carry on and 1 personal bag. In circumstances where the flight is full, they *may* require some people to check their carry on at no charge. You would then check your bag, and place your helmet under the seat.
Edit: they have a list online of things that are not allowed as carry on online. I don not recall seeing helmets. But I wasn't looking for them.
Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

Last edited:
That's what I did with Porter, helmet bag was my "personal item". No issue at all.

Most airlines allow 1 carry on and 1 personal bag. In circumstances where the flight is full, they *may* require some people to check their carry on at no charge. You would then check your bag, and place your helmet under the seat.
Edit: they have a list online of things that are not allowed as carry on online. I don not recall seeing helmets. But I wasn't looking for them.
Sent from my custom Purple Joe Bass mobile on Tapatalk

Awesome! Thanks for the replies.

This is my helmet bag:
http://www.bikebandit.com/riding-ge...s/bikebandit-com-deluxe-motorcycle-helmet-bag

It fits the helmet snugly but also seems too large to be considered a "personal item". Hopefully it will be ok.

Flew to Europe 2 years ago with my helmet in a cloth helmet bag that I carried into the passenger compartment. No issues.

Flew to Europe 2 years ago with my helmet in a cloth helmet bag that I carried into the passenger compartment. No issues.

Awesome! Thanks.

I depart in less than 24hours :D

My motorcycle jacket is taking up a lot of space in my carry-on. I may just wear it on the flight or walk on the plane with it draped over my arm.

Back
Top Bottom