Ai future? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ai future?

The students here have jumped on it big time for all sorts of things, writing e-mails and answers to assignments/exam questions.

The thing is…after enough exposure to the AI written text for answers to various questions it’s simple enough to work out if it was really an individual effort or not. They get a bit of a shock when a “0” comes back, or an email gets ignored as if you can’t put the effort in to compose your own material then I can’t find the effort to actually respond either. It took me one main assignment before I noticed the inconsistencies. Now it’s a lot easier.

AI written text looks good, but it’s mostly a word salad when you examine it closely.

Also, AI is only as good as the source material it’s trained on. If we stop producing that then AI won’t advance as fast.

The students here have jumped on it big time for all sorts of things, writing e-mails and answers to assignments/exam questions.

The thing is…after enough exposure to the AI written text for answers to various questions it’s simple enough to work out if it was really an individual effort or not. They get a bit of a shock when a “0” comes back, or an email gets ignored as if you can’t put the effort in to compose your own material then I can’t find the effort to actually respond either. It took me one main assignment before I noticed the inconsistencies. Now it’s a lot easier.

AI written text looks good, but it’s mostly a word salad when you examine it closely.

Also, AI is only as good as the source material it’s trained on. If we stop producing that then AI won’t advance as fast.
Throw in a question with some recent content and AI will crap the bed. Most students are probably using the dataset at least a year old. Someone searching for current info will have a different answer than someone asking chatgpt about it.

Even worse, just wait until AIs start consuming the output from other AIs. It will be truly garbage-in-garbage-out, even more so than today.

The pool of what might be called pristine training data (if such a thing could ever actually exist on the open internet) is going to be polluted and potentially overrun by the spam from thousands of hack AIs/bots. Primary sources in the academic sense are going to have to be fiercely guarded to prevent being tainted by AI.

Throw in a question with some recent content and AI will crap the bed. Most students are probably using the dataset at least a year old. Someone searching for current info will have a different answer than someone asking chatgpt about it.

The thing is AI also generates it’s own reference material at times or just leaves it blank for the student to fill in. So either it’s just complete rubbish or innapropriate/non-relevant material.

This for predicative/generated text. For other things like drug discovery it has great potential but again, I’m not aware of any blockbusters yet. Everything still has to go through humans.

AI has great potential but it’s being a bit abused right now. Everything is “AI” this and “AI” that and in some cases it may be and in others it’s just pattern recognition of the sort we have had for years.

AI in many cases is just a search engine on steroids.

Insider secret: everything related to software development/IT that hits the general news are just empty buzzwords. They're all just designed to spark a FOMO response in corporate executives that they need to be on the latest and greatest <hot new thing>

I’m using it for some work related experiments. I write a letter of introduction for a member of my club travelling internationally, then have chatGPT write one and I intergrate the good parts . Use progressively its incredible . But the downside scares the crap out of me .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com
That's how i write my emails now.
I formulate my own email.
Then i ask chatgpt, and then add the better parts of it into mine

When we were hitting BW limits via bots on this site, my theory is that was AI looking for oil recommendations...

All joking aside, it is likely going to result in a large increase in Internet traffic, not from the users but from AI itself.

I've asked ChatGPT some questions and received woefully incorrect information in the past, enough times and with enough repeatability that it's evident we're already at the "Crap in, Crap out" stage. And it seems to get confused early, admits it when questioned, and then does it again anyways.

If humanity moves forward putting all our eggs in this one basket and then just blindly believing the output, we're royally screwed....

Here's an example of one headshaker I had with ChatGPT about 4 or 5 months ago.

1710975166014.png

1710975211307.png

So, I just went back and asked the question again, and here's the result on March 20, 2024..

1710975351043.png
1710975469767.png

God help us all.....

I've asked ChatGPT some questions and received woefully incorrect information in the past, enough times and with enough repeatability that it's evident we're already at the "Crap in, Crap out" stage. And it seems to get confused early, admits it when questioned, and then does it again anyways.

If humanity moves forward putting all our eggs in this one basket and then just blindly believing the output, we're royally screwed....

Here's an example of one headshaker I had with ChatGPT about 4 or 5 months ago.

View attachment 66699

View attachment 66700

So, I just went back and asked the question again, and here's the result on March 20, 2024..

View attachment 66701
View attachment 66702

God help us all.....

The thing is, the Chat GPT answer SOUNDS plausible and it’s grammatically correct and unfortunately, that’s good enough for a sizeable number of people to take it as god’s honest truth.

The thing is, the Chat GPT answer SOUNDS plausible and it’s grammatically correct and unfortunately, that’s good enough for a sizeable number of people to take it as god’s honest truth.

This is exactly why I asked it an arguably difficult question I knew the factual answer to ahead of time for my very first ever test of ChatGPT. I expected it to get it right, honestly, but not only did it get it wrong, it doubled down on it with it's response today.

For everyones info, the Nunavut border with Quebec is defined by the government as being the tide-line, meaning that if you ride up to the top of the James Bay Road, ride over to Chisasibi, and touch the water, you're technically in Nunavut. That's why people do silly things like taking their bike down to touch the water, getting it stuck, to say that they technically rode to Nunavut.

That's one of the reasons I'm going.

Me, I'll go down and touch the water when I'm there this June - the three of us may even take a dip if the weather is warm, but my bike will just get a "baptism" with a sprinkle of JBR water and I'll call it on a technicality...there's no way I'm risking this with a 950 pound bike lol.

919350882_94cGX-M.jpg

Been there - didn't do that. Good luck.
There was a foot of fresh large gravel when we went and the Burgman 650 with little wheels, street tires and 600lbs is NOT fit for that.
••
I understand that Reddit is going to offer their database for Ai training....
I wonder if WIki is doing the same or is it being scraped for free :unsure:

Maybe I'm delusionally optimistic, but if AI makes everything far cheaper and people need to work less, then I'm hoping people will spend more energy trying to improve themselves than crap they bought/leased/financed. Bragging more on social media about books they read and actual ideas rather than the European car, big house, stupid sized TV and fake tits they can't really afford.

Have you watched the movie: Elysium?

That's how i write my emails now.
I formulate my own email.
Then i ask chatgpt, and then add the better parts of it into mine

That is what adversaries are doing as well.
Lately one can't help but notice that a lot of the grammatical errors one could rely on to spot scams appear to be on the decline.

Also, some threat actor groups try and utilize FraudGPT and WormGPT lol:

Im just worried about what hard to decipher malware these folks will come out with eventually : (

Writes decent get out of jail letters.
I thought it would take a few more years, but deepfakes are starting to get to the point where most people cannot tell if what they're looking at is real or completely fabricated.

In some sense, that's always been a problem with airbrushed photographs or photoshop, but AI makes that sort of work so much easier to produce now. A <fill in the blank foreign> troll farm doesn't need dozens of people creating and distributing political misinformation anymore, they can have AI create endless variations of the content and spam it far more cheaply and effectively.
i wonder if our future queen knows about AI?

Her fakes are turning out quite poorly.

Been there - didn't do that. Good luck.
There was a foot of fresh large gravel when we went and the Burgman 650 with little wheels, street tires and 600lbs is NOT fit for that.
••
I understand that Reddit is going to offer their database for Ai training....
I wonder if WIki is doing the same or is it being scraped for free :unsure:

That should be fun. Reddit is a barely moderated cesspool of bollocks. Training AI with that would be like the Swedish Muppet Chefs teaching elocution.

Yup.

I doubt AI will make things cheaper or give most people more time.
I don't think I am. Society in general has been moving in the right direction for a long time. Racism, mostly gone.
Slavery, mostly gone.
Gender inequality, mostly gone.
Religious intolerance, mostly gone.
Environmentalism, very active.
Materialism, getting better (I believe).
Historically, there has been no middle class, you were either wealthy, or on the brink of starvation every day. A middle class person now has a better life with more luxuries than royalty did 150 years ago. I think because everyone was so poor, that having 'stuff' was a show of wealth. And as society got wealthier, people wanted to show off their 'stuff'. I believe people are slowly starting to realize that: 1) no one gives a $#!+ about other people's possessions, leading to 2) working like an @$$#*!÷ to buy a bunch of crap that no one else cares about is a waste of time. In this regard, millennials are on the right track.
For the most part, it's demand that drives supply, and demand is changing to a less work oriented lifestyle. If AI can advance employment laziness further, people will use it for just that reason. I think the days of getting up to go to work, so that you can buy a car to get to work faster are quickly fading.

As for costs not going down, free market economics. If it wasn't for our gov't policies, pretty much everything would be getting cheaper year over year.

Back
Top Bottom