Advice for M2 exit course | GTAMotorcycle.com

Advice for M2 exit course

graykevin

Hello, I'm sort of having trouble deciding what would be the best solution to my problem. I've read these forums around a year ago and started off based on the advice. I've had my M2 for roughly a year and a half now and my insurance quotes are about $2000 for a 500cc. Anyways, would it be more of an advantage to take an M2exit course right now or wait until next year. I plan on buying a bike this fall and insurance in the spring of next year. Would it even be possible to take the course without a motorcycle? I know that the course is around $400 or so, versus the savings on insurance. So would it be worth doing now or just waiting (I will time to call Jevco in 2 days based on free time) I've taken the m2 course at humber and remember reading something that a motorcycle can be rented out for this purpose, but can't that right now. I'm 19 by the way, so it might be harder to rent from a company. Any help would be appreciated :D

Most likely there would be no difference in insurance. You need to supply your own bike for the M2 exit test. You can rent a bike from gta exotics (although its better to find a friend with a bike).

I thought that the idea of giving you 5 years from the time you get your M2 and the time you get your M is to give you time to learn/hone your skills. I'm not saying that you need to spend 5 years riding before taking your test, but I think that it would be a good idea to get your own bike and put some miles on it before you attempt the M.

I know that financial concerns can get in the way, though.

Probably still a good idea to call a few insurance companies to make sure, but I'm fairly certain there's no advantage to you taking the M2 Exit this year (insurance cost will be the same with M2 or M).

I am also insured with Jevco, and am only a M2 rider with a couple years experience, but I found a loop hole with them. If the bike you purchase is 16 years or older it is no longer considered a sport and as such there is no premium surcharge. I just purchased a 1993 CBR F2 600 and insurance is $530.00 a year, and I do not have a great driving record. This is just an option you can consider if you want to ride a sport model and not pay out the *** for insurance.

Thank you for the responses. Anyways yeah there is no difference between m2 and a full license. My school is about 70km one way, so I was trying to find the cheapest way to get there. Surprisingly public transportation costs more then petrol by a long shot. 2 Semesters would be $4000 with 2 different city bus and the go bus.

Thank you for the responses. Anyways yeah there is no difference between m2 and a full license. My school is about 70km one way, so I was trying to find the cheapest way to get there. Surprisingly public transportation costs more then petrol by a long shot. 2 Semesters would be $4000 with 2 different city bus and the go bus.

Don't forget insurance and maintenance as well.
I'm paying approx $2000 for insurance, approx $2000 for the bike, and about $35 a week for gas.
I am 20 and go to school as well and it pretty much breaks even excluding the bike purchase cost and maintenance except I save time and doing something I enjoy :)

Back
Top Bottom