ADV helmet choices | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

ADV helmet choices

Just scored a Sena outrush R helmet. Modular, dot ece, with comms built in.
Reviews look good, I'll tell you more when I get it.

Hey so are you also getting a new jacket and pants?

He's made an awkward bike choice and will be stuck between the draw of the branded pirate store and the Klim store. Whichever one you pick, people will tell you that you chose wrong.
Not true at all. Like I socialize with people.. F that... 🤣

Hey so are you also getting a new jacket and pants?
As a matter of fact I did get a new jacket as well.
Just a Rev-it Mesh jacket for summer riding as most of my gear is on the heavier side...

Not true at all. Like I socialize with people.. F that...
I know. Sorry, I was just using the stereotype of both groups that look strangely at that bike. I think it's interesting and am interested to hear how you like it.

Last edited:
I know. Sorry, I was just using the stereotype of both groups that look strangely at that bike. I think it's interesting and am interested to here how you like it.
I hear you and I took no offense at all. You are actually right and I am sure some people will be offended by my bike and fashion choices.
Funny enough, I have never purchased any HD clothing for myself, I'm more of a Walmart guy... LOL

I should add, this Sena helmet is pretty nice, I think I'll enjoy it and having the comms built in is a nice bonus.
Fitment was perfect.

Whichever one you pick, people will tell you that you chose wrong.

Like that with just about anything in life.

Buy an adventure bike, people will tell you it's too big, too clean, too dirty, too banged up, not enough battle scars, etc. etc.

I remember taking the chunnel from England to France and this one guy with a pristine ADV bike was looking over my R12GS pointing out all the scuffs and scratches. I proudly explained, "I got that dent in the Sahara Desert and those are from a gnarly road I took in the jungles of Colombia!" He ignored that and kept on pointing out how dirty and scratched up my bike was...

Got to a BMW store and another guy had Touratech-ed out his GS. He pointed at my plastic GIVI topcase and said real ADV bikes had metal boxes.

*shrug* whatever, dudes.

Like that with just about anything in life.

Buy an adventure bike, people will tell you it's too big, too clean, too dirty, too banged up, not enough battle scars, etc. etc.

I remember taking the chunnel from England to France and this one guy with a pristine ADV bike was looking over my R12GS pointing out all the scuffs and scratches. I proudly explained, "I got that dent in the Sahara Desert and those are from a gnarly road I took in the jungles of Colombia!" He ignored that and kept on pointing out how dirty and scratched up my bike was...

Got to a BMW store and another guy had Touratech-ed out his GS. He pointed at my plastic GIVI topcase and said real ADV bikes had metal boxes.

*shrug* whatever, dudes.
100% Agree

Over my years I've ridden with all sorts. From good to bad...
And have learned not to judge a book by its cover.

100% Agree

Over my years I've ridden with all sorts. From good to bad...
And have learned not to judge a book by its cover.
Yeah, but at the same time someone once said, "If someone is trying to tell you who they are; believe them."

(Too) Frequently you can tell a lot about these books by their covers.

Perhaps I've run into too many of the aluminum box style snobs that LC noted who are perhaps more obnoxious than the, "I don't ride a motorcycle; I ride a Harley." crowd.

I hear you and I took no offense at all. You are actually right and I am sure some people will be offended by my bike and fashion choices.
Funny enough, I have never purchased any HD clothing for myself, I'm more of a Walmart guy... LOL

I should add, this Sena helmet is pretty nice, I think I'll enjoy it and having the comms built in is a nice bonus.
Fitment was perfect.
Not 1 HD T-Shirt?? :unsure: I've bought a few, not so much they say HD, mostly because I had to travel to get them. (and I don't mean going to Cambridge :LOL:)

Not 1 HD T-Shirt?? :unsure: I've bought a few, not so much they say HD, mostly because I had to travel to get them. (and I don't mean going to Cambridge :LOL:)
Not a single one, but I have bought some as gifts.
They have enough of my money... Lol

He's made an awkward bike choice and will be stuck between the draw of the branded pirate store and the Klim store. Whichever one you pick, people will tell you that you chose wrong.

Not so! HD and Rev'It! teamed up. Good quality ADV gear for the Pan-Am riders. A couple of jackets, pants, gloves, etc.

HD makes no attempt at trying to hide the actual manufacturer; in fact, the Rev'It! name is mentioned often in the marketing.

98179-21VM_1800x1800.png

Harley-Davidson Men's Grit Adventure Jacket // 98179-21VM $635 is a fair price for that one, I think, when compared to other Rev'It! offerings. The Grit appears similar to the Rev'It! Sand 3 or Sand 4.

Thankfully, they didn't go crazy on either the HD or Rev'It! branding.

Last edited:
Not so! HD and Rev'It! teamed up. Good quality ADV gear for the Pan-Am riders. A couple of jackets, pants, gloves, etc.

HD makes no attempt at trying to hide the actual manufacturer; in fact, the Rev'It! name is mentioned often in the marketing.

98179-21VM_1800x1800.png

Harley-Davidson Men's Grit Adventure Jacket // 98179-21VM $635 is a fair price for that one, I think, when compared to other Rev'It! offerings. The Grit appears similar to the Rev'It! Sand 3 or Sand 4.

Rev'IT! makes good stuff. Been wearing their gear for years. They hold up well too. My current Airwave jacket is close to a decade old and has seen over 150,000 kms of on and off-road use.

98179-21VM_1800x1800.png

Nice, I like Rev'it gear

Back
Top Bottom