Adobe creative cloud | GTAMotorcycle.com

Adobe creative cloud

jc100

I didn’t want to hijack the other thread about free photo editors so I started this.

For my work I have gotten it into my head that it would be fun to have a go at content creation.

I know **** all about editing videos etc. I have some basic photo editing skills.

I can get access to 50 Adobe apps in the creative studio for a $140 from work so I applied for that. While I wait for the licence I’m wondering how hard it is to use these things? I once had free access to photoshop for a trial years ago and got frustrated and started mashing buttons as far as I can remember.

Is there an “idiots guide” that’s worth getting?

This licence has a package that has photoshop, Lightroom, premier pro and the Ipad versions too along with a load of things I’ve never heard of.

$140, is that per month or yearly? I was under the impression everything Adobe is subscription based thesedays. As for learning to use the programs, youtube is probably your best friend, learn things as you go along and think of stuff you'd like to do.

First thing is to make sure your boss is not replacing YOU with software.
Use the "save as" feature often so you can go back after things get out of hand.
Keep it simple to start.
I was around in the infancy of desktop publishing and you could tell newbies by the fact they used all 27 fonts in the same publication.
Understand the media that your project is intended for.
What looks good on a 30 inch hi-res monitor may not look good in print or on a 2 inch phone screen.
HAVE FUN

Uh oh the next influencer, (or Only Fans) watch out! :LOL:

I would read through the online manuals. Adobe also has some of their own video tutorials to get you started. Otherwise Youtube will have you covered. You can find many 5 min intros to "x" app online to quickly get you up to speed if you are tech savvy. Maybe focus on one app to get started and see what you can do with it, then move onto another one. Once you learn one some of the basic principals they carry through to the next as they work similar.

$140 seems a bit high, but I'm guessing you got the whole thing. Also I have the impression you work in education, you should probably get a education discount. Also if your work has a license why are you paying for it, they should be able to provide you with it.

Uh oh the next influencer, (or Only Fans) watch out! :LOL:

I would read through the online manuals. Adobe also has some of their own video tutorials to get you started. Otherwise Youtube will have you covered. You can find many 5 min intros to "x" app online to quickly get you up to speed if you are tech savvy. Maybe focus on one app to get started and see what you can do with it, then move onto another one. Once you learn one some of the basic principals they carry through to the next as they work similar.

$140 seems a bit high, but I'm guessing you got the whole thing. Also I have the impression you work in education, you should probably get a education discount. Also if your work has a license why are you paying for it, they should be able to provide you with it.

It’s 140 a year! I can claim it back on my expenses. I hate the subscription model but if I can expense this it’s fine.

Forgot about YouTube. I think I’m generally tech savvy but for some reason my brain fogs over when I see “layers” and ****.

Yeah sub model does suck, it's just a money making scheme. Adobe raked in increased profits last year, then raised the sub prices. Cool eh!

Jokes aside ,what content are you planning to create? While you are on Youtube you might as well research your topic to see what others are doing.

Yeah sub model does suck, it's just a money making scheme. Adobe raked in increased profits last year, then raised the sub prices. Cool eh!

Jokes aside ,what content are you planning to create? While you are on Youtube you might as well research your topic to see what others are doing.

Just jazz up my lectures. Anything to make the students pay attention! I thought about making some themed motorcycle trips too as I’m a bit nerdy that way. There’s a few Ontario destinations associated with mining/minerals etc that would fit.

Just jazz up my lectures. Anything to make the students pay attention! I thought about making some themed motorcycle trips too as I’m a bit nerdy that way. There’s a few Ontario destinations associated with mining/minerals etc that would fit.
Did you get illustrator too or just photoshop? For lecture jazz, I would probably use illustrator more.

If you really want to go down the rabbit hole, blender is free and can make awesome 3d models and animations.

Did you get illustrator too or just photoshop? For lecture jazz, I would probably use illustrator more.

If you really want to go down the rabbit hole, blender is free and can make awesome 3d models and animations.

It’s a huge package of graphic design stuff and video/photo editing. You can pick and choose and there’s Adobe stock image access too.

Back
Top Bottom